ARH headers dyno / track results

Avenger

Established Member
Well,just wanted to report my own experience with longtubes. Setup is Whipple 2.3 with 3.0" upper and 4# lower. Return fuel system with intank Walbros and 60lb/hr injectors running VP MS109 race fuel.

Baseline run on a Mustang Dyno with stock manifold and O/R Magnaflow X, car made 611whp / 573wtq SAE at 11.7:1 AFR. We then installed a set of 1 3/4" x 2 1/2" ARH longtubes along with the matching O/R X-pipe and added a bit more fuel to make it safer. Timing remained the same at 23deg. Car made 639whp / 587wtq at 11.3:1 AFR.

Pretty happy with a 28whp/14wtq gain !! Off to the track now !

TRACK RESULTS UPDATE:

For the record, car lost 1psi boost. Fitment is great using stock K-member. Only thing is you have to shim the K-member brace but that's it !

Just got back from the track. Previous best at that track was 10.56 @ 132.1mph. First run of the day, crossed the traps at a much higher than usual RPM so I was anxious the get the slip. Picked up the slip, 10.52 @ 135.7 with a crappy 60ft ! I launched a bit better on the following run and it went 10.44 @ 135.6 (still quite a bit left on the table). Car probably has 10.2X in it with a solid launch and a not-so-friendly driver.

The damn thing back halves like there's no tomorrow ! I'm loving it and would recommend this mod to anyone looking to make their setup more efficient ! You can count me as a longtubes believer now !

Mustang Cobra Whipple 2.3 + ARH ([email protected]) Pont-Rouge - Car Videos on StreetFire

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
Nice track times. And I have the same headers waiting to be installed so I'm glad to read the good improvements!

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
For the record, car lost 1psi boost. Fitment is great using stock K-member. Only thing is you have to shim the K-member brace but that's it !

Can you elaborate a little more on this? Any pics of the install?

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
OP, how much shimming of the K-member was required to gain enough clearance for the headers? What did you use to shim the K-member out?

Avenger

Established Member
Fitment is great with the stock K-member, no need to shim the K-member itself. Only thing is I had to add about 1/2" washers between the K-member and the brace that crosses below the transmission. Many people throw that brace out anyway so I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Nice!

Is it just me, or does that track look pretty dangerous!! No retaining walls, and it looked very narrow.

Maybe it is just me...

Users who are viewing this thread