ARH Header Question

13RaceRed5.0

Established Member
I've been looking at the ARH bottleneck eliminator system with the off-road x pipe. It says it must be used with an aftermarket catback. I have a Gibson catback that I'm going to install when I install the headers. Im concerned that the Gibson catback already has an x pipe. Does it matter that there's an x pipe on the headers and on the catback as well? Will it make it sound very raspy? I know it sounds confusing but if I go this route or any other catback I'll be running two x pipes with this system. The kooks system doesn't connect till the catback but also doesn't get rid of the 2.25 bottleneck section.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Are you talking about running two x-pipes at the same time? I image you'd have to ditch the Gibson one. Give ARH a call and see what they have to say. They make excellent products. I wouldn't hesitate to run them.

13RaceRed5.0

Established Member
Yeah I'm not hesitant to run them at all. I've wanted them ever since I had my 13. I like that they offer the bottleneck eliminator option since I still don't understand why they made the axle back piping 2.5 in diameter. I wanted a full 3 in exhaust. It does seem like you would be running 2 x pipes at the same time and like you said I would probably just ditch the Gibson one. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Thanks

Sam@Coastal

Coastal Dyno
Established Member
Yeah I'm not hesitant to run them at all. I've wanted them ever since I had my 13. I like that they offer the bottleneck eliminator option since I still don't understand why they made the axle back piping 2.5 in diameter. I wanted a full 3 in exhaust. It does seem like you would be running 2 x pipes at the same time and like you said I would probably just ditch the Gibson one. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Thanks

I would ditch the Gibson and just go with the full ARH system. The ARH set up is 3" back to the mufflers but is reduced down there to 2.5. I've installed a large amount of ARH products both GM and Ford and the fit and performance is always exactly as advertised. I just finished up a 2015 full system today and as always even with new products the ARH stuff fits flawlessly. The first question everyone asks is why the system reduces to 2.5 at the muffler, they do this on both the Ford and GM full systems, and you'd be doing yourself a favor to call Nick@ARH and let him explain the dynamics of the design.

Anthony K

Established Member
So why ditch the gibson? Do they not fit? Hang down and drag? Rub the driveshaft? spontaneously combust? Fund terrorism?

Beef cake reeves has stated his current record holding mustang still has the factory connect neck down pipes

Sam@Coastal

Coastal Dyno
Established Member
So why ditch the gibson? Do they not fit? Hang down and drag? Rub the driveshaft? spontaneously combust? Fund terrorism?

Beef cake reeves has stated his current record holding mustang still has the factory connect neck down pipes

I would certainly hope not, I'm speaking in context of the continuity of the system. I don't really see any difference in running any combo someone may prefer. Most of the aftermarket exhaust systems perform well enough to the point I think it just comes down to sound preference.

Last edited:

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I've been looking at the ARH bottleneck eliminator system with the off-road x pipe. It says it must be used with an aftermarket catback. I have a Gibson catback that I'm going to install when I install the headers. Im concerned that the Gibson catback already has an x pipe. Does it matter that there's an x pipe on the headers and on the catback as well? Will it make it sound very raspy? I know it sounds confusing but if I go this route or any other catback I'll be running two x pipes with this system. The kooks system doesn't connect till the catback but also doesn't get rid of the 2.25 bottleneck section.

I spoke with Nick @ ARH about this and basically their bottle neck eliminator system comes with quite a bit of length of tubing after their cross over so that you can cut out the cross over from your current cat back. This eliminates the 2-1/4" bottle neck that makes the cat-back OEM compatible and gives you a true 3" exhaust system. They include the OEM style clamps and explain how to measure/cut your cat-back so everything fits together and is leak free.

Users who are viewing this thread