ARGH! Found a coil pack mount broke

junioRace

Established Member
I've had my truck for almost a year now. Getting prepared to do my EGR delete, change plugs, add Mad Enterprise coil pack screws, etc., and found this. Appears that either while removing or reinstalling the front coil pack on the passenger side, the mounting hole was broken. Instead of being a hole, it is now more like a slot. It was "fixed" by attaching a tie wrap to the coil and around the injector. Any ideas on best way to fix? I was thinking about epoxying a bolt in from the bottom side and then securing it with a nut on top.
coilpackpicture.jpg

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Truthfully, I've driven over 6 months with no coil pack screw holding down one of my COP's. I checked it once in awhile but it was always there, attached properly, snug and secure the way it was supposed to be.

If it were my truck, short of replacing it with a new COP, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Stewart

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
Stewart_H said:
Truthfully, I've driven over 6 months with no coil pack screw holding down one of my COP's.

Stewart

Fuzzie mentioned the other day that he doesn't use them as well.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
I thought about this a whwile ago. Do you think these would stay on just fine with out using any of the screws? Cause i dont want to put them back on

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Nope. Every single one of my CP screws are out....................You try changing plugs every track outing and see how you like it LOL. Makes the whipple plug changes go by in about 45 minutes

junioRace

Established Member
lightninmike said:
Cause i dont want to put them back on
Ha. I got a laugh outta that line.

You guys make me feel a bit better about it now. At least it is on the front so I can keep an eye on it.

Users who are viewing this thread