Argghh! What gives?

99GTtony

Rain city stanger
Established Member
So, went and dynoed yesterday. Last time was in '07. Went to same dyno and tuner. When I dynoed in '07 I had the C&L and canned Predator tune. Put down 286/283. Go back yesterday after installing BBK TB and Bassani X with hi-flow cats. I dropped, 283/275. What the hell?!?! We looked back and the weather was almost identical from yesterday and the time in '07. Afterwards we were talking and we think the TB is what's doing it. The tuner and a guy helping from a local stang shop agree. It's probably off voltage wise and not opening completely on WOT. They think I should be over 300/300 with my mods. In no way should I have dropped numbers is what they both are saying.

While doing my pulls everything was dead on. A/F, timing, fuel table, etc. They want to do some datalogging and see if what we think is right with the TB. Next mod should be ordered next week. I am doing the FRPP cams that don't require springs. The tuner and the stang shop have done quite a few of them. Last car put down 335/340 with just cams, CAI, and Mid-pipe, axle backs.

Anyone know the voltage for the TB's?

PS....sorry about the long winded post.

Users who are viewing this thread