Are your cars straight and level?

bcwang

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Everytime I look at my car, it looks like one side sits lower than the other. I know as a driver you put additional strain on the left side of the car, but the car is only 4 months old and I've actually never seen it perfectly level. Do any of your cars sit perfectly level when you park it? Or does the way you pull into the parking spot affect how the car will sit once you get out? I feel sometimes the car leans one way and sometimes the other, maybe based on which way I pulled in.

03reptile

Established Member
Never noticed any lean either way. They all tend to be a little lower in the front with a slight rake in that direction, but I've never seen one lean to port or starboard. You might want to get it checked out.

mwaull

SVT VENM
Established Member
ive heard sometimes they do that because of the isolators sometimes . . . and the springs. I think its not an uncommon thing . . . i think my left sits a tad lower than right . . .

ModsAway

Established Member
Passenger side is slightly higher than the driver side of my car. That way before spring change and after.

bcwang

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I guess I will check a few more times and see if it is consistently one side or the other that sits lower. Maybe level roads are harder to come by then I would hope. I hope my uneven parking spot at home isn't tweaking my suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread