Are you a Jedi?

rich1011

Established Member
The Jedi Religion | Unreasonable Faith

Eight police officers and two staff in Scotland’s largest force listed their official religion as Jedi in a voluntary diversity form. I hoped they were joking, but that doesn’t seem to be the case:

About 390,000 people listed their religion as Jedi in the 2001 Census for England and Wales. In Scotland the figure was a reported 14,000….

Last year, brothers Barney and Daniel Jones founded the UK Church of the Jedi – which offered sermons on the Force, light sabre training, and meditation techniques.

According to Wikipedia, “the real-world Jedi assert the existence of the Force, and advocate adherence to the Jedi code. According to recent censuses in some English-speaking countries, over 500,000 people declared their religion as Jedi, and a few Jedi churches exist around the world.”

And here’s the punchline:

The Office for National Statistics did not recognise it as a separate category, and incorporated followers of Jedi with atheists.

Not quite the numbers boost we were looking for, eh?

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
No respect for the Jedi :whine::whine::whine: The Sith Lords need to drop in and kick ass
action-smiley-043.gif

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
I know in the army that you can put Jedi as your religion as well. One of my LTs had it on his dog tags.

Users who are viewing this thread