Are these installed in the right direction??

svt2003cobra

Banned
was just wondering which direction you all would install them, as far as which way the slots lean. \=front or /=front, this is how there installed now:

760412_37_full.jpg

The vanes inside the rotor are strait up and down.

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
i'm not sure if they are in the right direction, but they sure look good! if i ever put enough miles on my car to need brakes i gotta have some of those rotors

RGrossman

Established Member
Mine are going the other way. My slots face the front of the car /. I do believe yours are correct though, I was told mine were wrong but it makes no difference in braking so not worth the change.

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
RGrossman said:
Mine are going the other way. My slots face the front of the car /. I do believe yours are correct though, I was told mine were wrong but it makes no difference in braking so not worth the change.

it makes a difference in teh rain though.

and their should be arrows on the side of the tire to tell you which way the wheel should rotate.

svt2003cobra

Banned
Yep, they are on wrong CRAP!!!!!!!

Which direction should the discs rotate?
It is a popular misconception that the slots or drillings in a disc determine the direction of rotation. In truth, for an internally vented disc, the geometry of the vanes dictates the direction of rotation. There are three vane types in use:

Straight
Pillar vane (comprised of many small posts)
Curved vane
The first two vane types are non-directional, and can be used on either side of the vehicle. The curved vane disc, however, is directional. A curved vane disc must be installed with the vanes running back from the inside to outside diameters in the direction of rotation. Please see figure. Orienting the disc in the manner creates a centrifugal pump. The rotation of the disc causes air to be pumped from the center of the disc, through the vanes, and out through the outside diameter of the disc. This greatly enhances the disc's ability to dissipate heat.

Additionally, all of Brembo's slotted discs are directional as well, regardless of the vane geometry. The discs should be installed such that the end of the slot nearest the outer edge of the disc contacts the pad first. Please see figure.

Users who are viewing this thread