Are there any ways Ford could make it lighter?

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
A) i happen to be talking about the US focus since we always get the shit end of the stick(why arent we getting the euro spec fords and GMs, or the holdens an australian fords???)
B) ok, im sorry i said something negative about ford

why dont we all just be honest here, the current (US MODEL)focus can not compete with the current GTI in to many aspects at all. the quality isnt hardly that close either, the germans definately got us there. i do think the focus is lighter though. not looking at any facts right now but everyone has been talking about the new GTI being such a pig even if it is pretty fast. and for the record, i AM NOT talking about an R32, im talking about the new GTI. and i HIGHLY doubt we're getting that ST220 either, you think that they would actually ship a foreign gem over here? yea, dont we wish.

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
A) i happen to be talking about the US focus since we always get the shit end of the stick(why arent we getting the euro spec fords and GMs, or the holdens an australian fords???)
B) ok, im sorry i said something negative about ford

why dont we all just be honest here, the current (US MODEL)focus can not compete with the current GTI in to many aspects at all. the quality isnt hardly that close either, the germans definately got us there. i do think the focus is lighter though. not looking at any facts right now but everyone has been talking about the new GTI being such a pig even if it is pretty fast. and for the record, i AM NOT talking about an R32, im talking about the new GTI. and i HIGHLY doubt we're getting that ST220 either, you think that they would actually ship a foreign gem over here? yea, dont we wish.

Dr. Auto X is saying that the Shelby is a pig. His comment is "How did Ford make the Crown Vic so light." My question is...How did VW make the GTI so heavy? 3300lbs! Holy Crap! My Focus weighs 2300! I can't wait to drive against one of those on a track! Can you say BYE BYE!
It would be totally awsome if we could get the ST220 state side. Only problem then would be not a big enough garage! 2003 SVTF, 2007 Shelby(hopefully finalizing order tomorrow), and ST220. Plus wifes car, a Suburban, and 73 Super Beetle(FOR SALE), to make room for the Shelby.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
aint that the truth, lol. i really dont see how they can take something that small and make it so heavy. higher quality materials = higher weight? that would explain the shelby too. i would totally love to see that ST220 here in the states(although i think the back end looks like a pigs ass), ford would be back in the factory performance compact market again. and it would be about time too since they are pretty much the ones that started that.

hell, just toss the beetle outside, sell the wifes car and give her your SVTF. but the ST220 would definately have to be the mans car of the 2, although the shelby would be the ultimate mans car of all in there.

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
aint that the truth, lol. i really dont see how they can take something that small and make it so heavy. higher quality materials = higher weight? that would explain the shelby too. i would totally love to see that ST220 here in the states(although i think the back end looks like a pigs ass), ford would be back in the factory performance compact market again. and it would be about time too since they are pretty much the ones that started that.

hell, just toss the beetle outside, sell the wifes car and give her your SVTF. but the ST220 would definately have to be the mans car of the 2, although the shelby would be the ultimate mans car of all in there.

Sounds like a plan! Lets see that's...Sell the wife. Woops NO! Toss her car outside. Wrong again! Sell her car, toss her outside, keep all the cars. Got IT! :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread