Are there any places around here that rent out GPS?

yermo

Established Member
how about a predator?? i used it on my buddies '02 GT and i could get a couple reading from rpm, speed, IAT and others that i don't know. but if you can get someone's predator and hook it up. i don't know how accurate it is either (i know that you have 18's) but you could be close.

mikep01

Established Member
to see if your speedo is corect drive at 60 mph,start a stop watch and clear the distace counter at the same time. when you hit 1 mi stop the stop the stop watch(dont watch the watch). for every tenth its off is apx 1 mpm that diretion. the same can be done over a 10 mi drive with the same results, just move the decimil.

kaos

Established Member
sweet. so let's say i drive one mile according to my counter and the stop watch says 56 seconds then my speedo is too fast by 4 mph to fast. is that correct?

kaos

Established Member
I will never do that again. Driving 60 on the freeway sucks. I felt so helpless. Everybody is zooming by me. I knew for sure that someone was going to rearend me any second. How people drive like that I will never understand. I would hope that if I ever drive like that, someone in my family will put me to sleep.

Here are my readings. When my speedo was right at 60 my times were always around 1 minute, 1 second, and .5 seconds. Then on the way back my needle was barely touching the 60mph indicator and the rest was on the positive side of it. Almost 61 mph and I took three or four measurements and they were a minute and a few tenths or so. So my conclusion is that I shouldn't even think about it anymore. It's fine. If anything my speedo is slightly fast.

Thanks.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by omslaw
I will never do that again. Driving 60 on the freeway sucks. I felt so helpless. Everybody is zooming by me. I knew for sure that someone was going to rearend me any second. How people drive like that I will never understand. I would hope that if I ever drive like that, someone in my family will put me to sleep.

Here are my readings. When my speedo was right at 60 my times were always around 1 minute, 1 second, and .5 seconds. Then on the way back my needle was barely touching the 60mph indicator and the rest was on the positive side of it. Almost 61 mph and I took three or four measurements and they were a minute and a few tenths or so. So my conclusion is that I shouldn't even think about it anymore. It's fine. If anything my speedo is slightly fast.

Thanks.

:eek: :bash: I drive that slow on my Focus every day :dw: :p

Man u crack me up :D

kaos

Established Member
The funny thing is I'm being honest. What a horrible feeling!

I used to have a 79 Scirocco that would shake violently at speeds of 65 or more and the rear end ratio must have been something like 6.30 because I was about to bounce of the rev limiter at 70. I don't know how many times I feared for my life while driving that car. I avoided the freeway at all costs.

mikep01

Established Member
yep you did it right and you are correct about you results, slightly fast. yah is sucks driving slow but you did it in the name of science.

kaos

Established Member
Well then science sucks too. :) Thanks for your help. At least I know those radars on the street corners are all messed up. They always say I'm going slower than actual.

Users who are viewing this thread