Are there any Open Tracker's here? VIR - 5/30-6/1 SCMC at Virginia Int'l Raceway

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
SVT Cobra 15th Anniversary Celebration/2008 SVT Cobra & Shelby GT 500 Nationals @ VIR - Danville, VA

VIR Full Course Friday
VIR South Course Sat. & Sun.

Join the SCMC for some on track fun at Virginia International Raceway. The event is our annual National Event. The event consists of three days of open track with in car instruction available, a Saturday Mustang and Ford Show, and a Saturday night banquet.

The open track portion of this event is a school with in car instruction where you can safely drive your car the way it was built to be driven. This portion of the event is limited to the first 100 students/drivers. Here is a link to a track video of the Full Course and a [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rql603ydCCM"]track video of the South Course[/ame]. Here is a link to the track map and a turn by turn desciption of the track. Here is a MapQuest Link for directions to the track.

Registration for this event is OPEN.

Please be sure to download both the registration form and the events packet. The registration form is in adobe and MS Word in case you do not have the updated version of Adobe Acrobat.

Car show participants will get to take their car on track during lunch for "parade laps". A professional photographer will be available for you to purchase photos of your car on track and in action.

You can pay on line in the store at www.scmcstore.com or mail your entry form to the following address:

SVT Cobra 15th Anniversary Celebration
C/O Tony Sorrentino
P.O. Box 37376
Rock Hill, SC 29732

Lodging

In anticipation of a large turnout for this event we have arranged for blocks of rooms at two hotels. To make reservations please contact the hotel at the numbers listed below and inform them you are with the SVT Cobra Mustang Club.

Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites 434-483-5000
This is a new all suites facility with ample paking in front of the hotel for trucks and trailers. The rate (total including taxes) will be $80.99 per night for either a room with two double beds or one king bed.

Sleep Inn & Suites 434-793-6090
This is the hotel we stayed at last year and it also has ample parking for trucks and trailers. The rates (total including taxes) will be $97.19 for a room with two double beds and $86.39 for room with a single king bed.

There will be camping at the facility but you will have to pay a camping fee of $25.00 per night and it must be paid to the track.

There will be a spectator fee of $20.00 or you can enter the car show for $20.00 and waive the spectator fee. This fee is waived if you are a member of one of the following clubs:

VIR Club Member
SCMC Member
Team Shelby Member

This events packet is mandatory to download prior to the event:

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/indexfiles/2008-SCMC-VIR-drivers-packet.pdf

snakecharmer

Established Member
Not registered for that one as I don't suspect they'd let me bring what I'd want to bring, but I am planning to take a day trip on the Harley to ride up there and watch some of the fun. :)

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Not registered for that one as I don't suspect they'd let me bring what I'd want to bring, but I am planning to take a day trip on the Harley to ride up there and watch some of the fun. :)

all brands are allowed....even *cough* chevy's *cough* :lol: :lol::lol:

actually, there are quite a few vettes registered....

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
In response to your thread title, Yes.

Sadly, only 3, though. :nonono:

I thought Friday was full. If there's still room, I'll have to register tonight when I get home.
Been a member for a few years just for VIR. :thumbsup:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
In response to your thread title, Yes.

Sadly, only 3, though. :nonono:

I thought Friday was full. If there's still room, I'll have to register tonight when I get home.
Been a member for a few years just for VIR. :thumbsup:

cool! :rockon:

it's a 3 day event, and there is still plenty of room! :coolman:

I'm pretty sure I've seen your car at other events, too :thumbsup:

maybe we can get a few others to do the car show and touring laps....then get them out for a ride with an instructor! :-D

once they see how much fun it is, they'll be hooked too! :idea:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I was just at VIR for NASA's weekend, and got rained on. VIR owes me.

I'm getting some MACA members to come out to SVTOA's Summit Point in May. You be there?

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
I'm hoping to....it all depends on my work schedule....gotta pay the bills before you can go and play! :-D

Users who are viewing this thread