Are there ANY IRS Experienced Shops in the Area?

01 TB Cobra

Established Member
I am wanting to upgrade just a couple of parts of the IRS in my '01 Cobra. I want to install the following:

-Steeda IRS Bracket Reinforcement Kit

-Delrin bushing in place of stock rear pumpkin mount

-Aluminum differential bushings to replace the Steeda poly bushings already installed on the front of the differential

-BilletFlow IRS Girdle

All of these seem like a simple bolt-on affair, right? I know how to turn a wrench, but living in an apartment his its disadvantages. I have a nice little garage, but no access to Air tools, or a lift. I really dont want to spend the next few days on my back unless Ireally have to. Can anyone point me to someone in the DFW who has signifigant IRS experience? I really do not want to use one of the "big" name shops. I have tried them all I think, and they all have disappointed me in one way or another. Also, with the money I could save in labor I could buy that Diablo Predator I have been wanting.

I used HPP Racing in Denton this past May when I had a T-56 installed in my car. Those guys are great, but they are kinda hard to get in touch with at times. They do GREAT work though, and their prices on labor and parts cant be beat. I may use them again if no one in this forum has any other suggestions.

Thanks!
-Russell K.

Last edited:

coleman

Established Member
LoneStar Performance in Garland
Speedworks in Lewisville
Doug Stanley Ford in DeSoto

i'd even try the Kwik Kar Lube in Plano, Campbell & Jupiter ... David Houser's a great guy & a track nut. He'll make sure your car is taken care of. They have a dyno as well!!! ... of all places :lol1: :thumbsup:

coleman

Established Member
There's also Gotham Racing that I just heard of recently...
They might be worth giving a shout as well.

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
Thanks Coleman. We do mostly Mazda RX-7 work, but they have IRS too and we commonly replace and upgrade the bushings on them. Have a big press that is required the press out the old bushings and in the new. I dunno what the rules are on here about advertising, but I'm not an owner of that shop, so I have no direct gain from getting jobs in the door. If you need work done you can contact me privately.

adamb258

Established Member
what would bushings cost to install at most places? What should i look at spending?

astig00

The MONEY PIT!!
Established Member
coleman said:
LoneStar Performance in Garland
Speedworks in Lewisville
Doug Stanley Ford in DeSoto

i'd even try the Kwik Kar Lube in Plano, Campbell & Jupiter ... David Houser's a great guy & a track nut. He'll make sure your car is taken care of. They have a dyno as well!!! ... of all places :lol1: :thumbsup:

Speedworks is now HPP!! Manny and crew is the best!!

drkchk03svt

Established Member
01 TB Cobra said:
I am wanting to upgrade just a couple of parts of the IRS in my '01 Cobra. I want to install the following:

-Steeda IRS Bracket Reinforcement Kit

-Delrin bushing in place of stock rear pumpkin mount

-Aluminum differential bushings to replace the Steeda poly bushings already installed on the front of the differential

-BilletFlow IRS Girdle

All of these seem like a simple bolt-on affair, right? I know how to turn a wrench, but living in an apartment his its disadvantages. I have a nice little garage, but no access to Air tools, or a lift. I really dont want to spend the next few days on my back unless Ireally have to. Can anyone point me to someone in the DFW who has signifigant IRS experience? I really do not want to use one of the "big" name shops. I have tried them all I think, and they all have disappointed me in one way or another. Also, with the money I could save in labor I could buy that Diablo Predator I have been wanting.

I used HPP Racing in Denton this past May when I had a T-56 installed in my car. Those guys are great, but they are kinda hard to get in touch with at times. They do GREAT work though, and their prices on labor and parts cant be beat. I may use them again if no one in this forum has any other suggestions.

Thanks!
-Russell K.

HPP has my vote!

Users who are viewing this thread