Are there any alternatives to Forgestar that I should consider?

AmnDucky

Established Member
I am going to be buying wheels/tires soon, and am leaning pretty heavily towards the F14's. I like the fact that they're "forged" for the price, and they look good. But I'm not 100% sold on them yet as I was also considering 5-7 spoke designs (but don't like the CF5's). Are there any other brands that I should look at that are around the same price as Forgestars, with similar weight/strength/build quality? I am going to go either 19 or 20, probably 10" square (but will consider a 9/11 setup if needed).

Also, any other relevant wheel advice is welcome. The last wheels I bought were Shelby wheels for my last Mustang, about 6 years ago, so I don't what has changed in the market.

Oh, 2011, non-brembo, Kona Blue, thinking silver/light colored wheels, and I do the rare track day.

KINGPINracing

Established Member
I love my F14's. Tough to beat for the price. They're technically rotary forged which most people will correct you on if you say just forged. I've had issues with the finish on replacement wheels I've bought in matte black. My third one should be here Friday. You should be good if your going light colors in gloss. Use American muscle if you want them know. Use Paul at Howey Industries if you can wait the 4-8wks. Not sure of the current build time.

Rct851

Established Member
I put silver vossen cv3's on last night and I think they look awesome. 19x8.5 19x10. I prefer 5-7 spoke

Darufe

Established Member
Enkei. Look up strano performance parts. You can fit up to 10.5-11 on all four corners with the right setup.
I think 10.5 is as wide as you can go and still be able to do tire rotations.

Justin81

Established Member
The rims for my car were like the hardest decision ever! I went through 1 set and didn't feel like they were for me. Than I lost a months sleep and finally decided to land on the Forgestar F-14's. I found them open box on Ebay through a vendor and got a good deal on them. I got them and they turned out to be absolutely as new as possible. The wheels look sick in the sun. When there is no sun they're just a little grey but that's the nature of these wheels.

b3fa2cad-a635-47dd-aff2-d72d84dcfd12.gif

2B2ACCD3-A28B-43F3-B45F-FF9D147C7FD3.gif

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I know you said you don't like the CF5's but check out the CF5v's in burnt bronze finish. If I was to change up my wheel setup that's what i'd get.

Roushcornfed

Established Member
Avant garde m310. I have them and love them. I was going to do the same as you tell I found these. My neighbor has the f14s and they are really no lighter and dont look much different. I had mine shipped in high gloss black

Last edited:

AmnDucky

Established Member
I love my F14's. Tough to beat for the price. They're technically rotary forged which most people will correct you on if you say just forged. I've had issues with the finish on replacement wheels I've bought in matte black. My third one should be here Friday. You should be good if your going light colors in gloss. Use American muscle if you want them know. Use Paul at Howey Industries if you can wait the 4-8wks. Not sure of the current build time.

Yeah, that's why I put forged in quotes haha. I know it's not real forging, but I also know they're not $1400/wheel. It's a tradeoff.

I said around the same price as the Forgestars. :lol1:

Avant garde m310. I have them and love them. I was going to do the same as you tell I found these. My neighbor has the f14s and they are really no lighter and dont look much different. I had mine shipped in high gloss black

Those are nice looking. I'll do more research on them, thanks.

AmnDucky

Established Member

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
I have F14's and I'm telling you...simply amazing. They just look badass, almost every day I get compliments. I'm rocking silver F14's on Sterling Gray 5.0. I got extremely lucky and found staggered set + tires for $1300 on craigslist from a guy who just sold his 5.0.

AmnDucky

Established Member
I have F14's and I'm telling you...simply amazing. They just look badass, almost every day I get compliments. I'm rocking silver F14's on Sterling Gray 5.0. I got extremely lucky and found staggered set + tires for $1300 on craigslist from a guy who just sold his 5.0.

That's good to hear. I wish that I had been watching the for sale section closer over the last couple of months. Now I'm out of time and it will cost me more money. Oh well, at least I know I'll be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread