Are the fog lights lens plastic or tempered glass?

Cobreezy

Established Member
:shrug: The reason I'm asking is because I want to replace the stock bulbs with an aftermarket bulb that has a higher wattage output. The brighter light will be very warm and can damage the lens if it is made of plastic. Here's what the bulbs look like:

Luminics Yellow Mustang Foglight Bulbs

I think this will look bad ass with a set of HID head lights! :rockon:

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
:shrug: The reason I'm asking is because I want to replace the stock bulbs with an aftermarket bulb that has a higher wattage output. The brighter light will be very warm and can damage the lens if it is made of plastic. Here's what the bulbs look like:

Luminics Yellow Mustang Foglight Bulbs

I think this will look bad ass with a set of HID head lights! :rockon:

They break like glass.

Steve2050

Established Member
They are definitely glass. I just bought a new pair from Steve @ Tousley Ford and they were roughly $49.00 each.

CobraMac

Established Member
I had those same exact bulbs in my fogs for a while and they looked sick. Than they started to flicker and not turn on sometimes. So I took them out and saw that they had fried and ate away at the connector. So I had to cut off the connecter and hard wire my new HID's in. Sucked

Cobreezy

Established Member
I had those same exact bulbs in my fogs for a while and they looked sick. Than they started to flicker and not turn on sometimes. So I took them out and saw that they had fried and ate away at the connector. So I had to cut off the connecter and hard wire my new HID's in. Sucked

That's what I was afraid of, the stock connectors melting away. The bulb company now sells a plug-n-play wiring harness that has high heat resistant plastic and 14GA high gauge wires. Do you think it's worth it?

CobraMac

Established Member
That's what I was afraid of, the stock connectors melting away. The bulb company now sells a plug-n-play wiring harness that has high heat resistant plastic and 14GA high gauge wires. Do you think it's worth it?

That might work, but it was the connector on the cars harness that got eaten away, not the connector attacked to the bulb. It's your call though!

Users who are viewing this thread