Are the 2003 cobra exhaust manifolds known for needing to be replaced?

Rec8898

Established Member
Hey guys, i bought a 2003 cobra and i strated to hear a noise in the back of the drive side of the engine.. I thought maybe it might be in the head but ford just replaced both heads about 25k ago.. so a friend that runs a muffer shop looked at it today and he said it may be in the head but he thinks the manifold might have some damage or maybe a needs new gasket..
Just wondering if the manifold are known to break or whatever that would need to be replaced? Now this car has one owner bone stock and was a daily driver 200 miles around trip for 8 years so it has 185k miles.. BUT this guy has very service record very done to the at the same dealership he bought the car from..its in great shape but maybe that many miles manifold could have damage? it still has just as much power as my friends 04 cobra with 30k miles.. and the guy that told me about the manifold is a friend so hes good people..
Thanks for any help and sorry i suck at typing so if it hard to read this i apologize..

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
its probably the gasket = exhaust leak

the manifold should not "break" for any reason

speedsun

Established Member
is it a "tick" noise... mine ticked until I changed the x pipe out the other day. there's no gasket on the driver side. its a flared flange

Rec8898

Established Member
Thanks guys, I had the nose with stock exhaust i will try to replace gaskets and hope that works. You really only hear it at low rpms like when you are in 6 gear and floor it sounds like some old azz car with an flowmaters. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread