Are our Ls almost extinct for the road?

MaLLo_SVT_150

Established Member
Sorry this may be a dumb post but this been in my head for the past couple months and It seem like to me the more you can mod our lightnings, it seem like new stock vehicles coming out can push out more hp than we will all have in the end. So with vehicles with higher hp than what we have stock nowadays. All they need to do is do a little bit of modding and then they are just killing and walking all over us. Is it time to give the Lightning up? (me personally want a m6)lol keep dreaming i know..But I love my lightning, but as i'm watching all these other vehicles roll past me showing off i'm like my truck is Old and rusty now lol compared to 3-4 Years ago when we were ontop of the world it seem. People used to get excited to race a Lightning, now it seem like oh its just another truck:shrug: but hey I love my truck and its staying with me FOREVER..But I want to know you guys input on this..How can we keep the Lightning fever going on?? :pop:

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
Well, I don't come up upon much on the road that can stay with me. I still think the cosmetics are the sexiest truck lines ever.Performance combined with comfort make me think I will be happy with the Lightning for a very long time.

Jim

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
I dont think so. I just recently bought my old white 04 L back after selling it a while back. I started looking around and wanted a sport truck. There is not a lot being made right now that i consider a sport truck. The L is gone, the srt10 is gone (not that I would ever buy one). I looked at one of the v8 clorados and toyota xrunner. But neither came close to the performance and looks of the 2nd gen L. So I bought mine back. I think our trucks will continue to fill that void left. There is the SRT8 jeep still being made, but it is so much $$$$.

MaLLo_SVT_150

Established Member
Do more mods
that is a MUST

Well, I don't come up upon much on the road that can stay with me. I still think the cosmetics are the sexiest truck lines ever.Performance combined with comfort make me think I will be happy with the Lightning for a very long time.

Jim

yeah our truck is sexy...

I dont think so. I just recently bought my old white 04 L back after selling it a while back. I started looking around and wanted a sport truck. There is not a lot being made right now that i consider a sport truck. The L is gone, the srt10 is gone (not that I would ever buy one). I looked at one of the v8 clorados and toyota xrunner. But neither came close to the performance and looks of the 2nd gen L. So I bought mine back. I think our trucks will continue to fill that void left. There is the SRT8 jeep still being made, but it is so much $$$$.

but what about the new dodges hitting the road? are they suppose to be fast? the titans are fast as heck! but i understand what you are saying..there are NO actual sport trucks avaliable like the srt10 or L

MJG

Established Member
Go built, ported heads, cams, full exhaust, bigger blower and it'll be like a brand new ride!
I dont find many cars are that fast on the road stock, the new camaro is MEH, the SRT8s arent quick as I thought etc

MaLLo_SVT_150

Established Member
Go built, ported heads, cams, full exhaust, bigger blower and it'll be like a brand new ride!
I dont find many cars are that fast on the road stock, the new camaro is MEH, the SRT8s arent quick as I thought etc

listen hear MJG lol..i'm a COLLEGE STUDENT..i can't just go built ect. like that lol..also this hog is my daily driver so idk how i could be fast like all of you guys because i'm scared one of these newer cars are going to beat me..the new camaro could've been way better i believe, but negative

Last edited:

DjKush

Established Member
I'm a collage student also... Freshman, just went built and new blower :] i tell everyone it's just a slow truck... Ps ur scared of losing? WTF haha u probably shouldn't be racing then

Last edited:

MJG

Established Member
I was a college/university student only 4 yrs ago, thats why you go to school, came out and found a wicked job to fund my obsession lol
Just dont let that truck go, you may end up regretting it big time down the road

MaLLo_SVT_150

Established Member
There will always be something faster but its still not a Lightning. Thats how I see it.
that is so true man
I'm a collage student also... Freshman, just went built and new blower :] i tell everyone it's just a slow truck... Ps ur scared of losing? WTF haha u probably shouldn't be racing then
lol i went to jail first month i had my truck back in dec of 07..it was fun until we were in the cuffs lol..losing isn't a main problem, thats the main reason to upgrade to bigger upgrades when you lose lol..thats what i told my dad anyways and he said get the F out of here lol
I was a college/university student only 4 yrs ago, thats why you go to school, came out and found a wicked job to fund my obsession lol
Just dont let that truck go, you may end up regretting it big time down the road

hey i'm still on my route to having it like you haha..OH trust me I wouldn't give the truck up for anything.

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
that is a MUST

yeah our truck is sexy...

but what about the new dodges hitting the road? are they suppose to be fast? the titans are fast as heck! but i understand what you are saying..there are NO actual sport trucks avaliable like the srt10 or L

Back to your orginal post. There is always going to be something new and better. Especially with cars coming stock with 500 plus HP. But you are comparing apples to oranges. Sure a new Z06 or Gt500 is faster than a L....but it is a car and way more money. The lightnings will still keep up with most normal sports/muscle oriented vehicles. The Lightning is till basically the top of the line "sports truck". I dont know about the new dodges, if you are referring to the RT single cab thing, it is a dog. And the titans are not fast compared to a lightning.

MaLLo_SVT_150

Established Member
Back to your orginal post. There is always going to be something new and better. Especially with cars coming stock with 500 plus HP. But you are comparing apples to oranges. Sure a new Z06 or Gt500 is faster than a L....but it is a car and way more money. The lightnings will still keep up with most normal sports/muscle oriented vehicles. The Lightning is till basically the top of the line "sports truck". I dont know about the new dodges, if you are referring to the RT single cab thing, it is a dog. And the titans are not fast compared to a lightning.

Z06s and GT500 are in a total different catergory...I understand those will always be faster since they are cars...but what i'm saying is with the newer gmc vehicles for example denali sierra trucks have over 400 hp i believe,..why is that? its still slow in my opinion..(is our 5.4 motors outdated lol) are the companies now going for towing power because thats all i'm actually seeing advertised with trucks. and there are NO MORE SPORT TRUCKS i believe?? other than the raptor which is powerful offroad

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
You have to realize the 2nd Gen Lightning was released in 1998... that was 12 years ago. It still holds its ground to this day and responds well to mods. You really can't ask for much more.

lightning25

SEANSVT
Established Member
listen hear MJG lol..i'm a COLLEGE STUDENT..i can't just go built ect. like that lol..also this hog is my daily driver so idk how i could be fast like all of you guys because i'm scared one of these newer cars are going to beat me..the new camaro could've been way better i believe, but negative

maybe you need to wait until you finish school and then put some money into your truck.
who cares if you lose some race now....you will never win every race! i know 9 sec street legal cars and probably faster, but i still have a mid 12 sec truck and i wouldnt want anything else!
fatten your wallet up after college is your best bet.

GoTime

BooWho?
Established Member
listen hear MJG lol..i'm a COLLEGE STUDENT..i can't just go built ect. like that lol..

Me too!:rockon: Mods have been replaced with books! :banana:
Good luck with the build Matt.:beer:

You have to realize the 2nd Gen Lightning was released in 1998... that was 12 years ago. It still holds its ground to this day and responds well to mods. You really can't ask for much more.

+1:beer:

Photo Gallery.......................Website.........................Modifications
sig07new.jpg

Have a great day eh !___________________________________Dave

Users who are viewing this thread