Are my cats ok??

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
I had read in another post that extremely discolored cats could be an indication they're bad. I attached a photo of mine. The color of the passenger one just didn't want to come out in the pic but the drivers side came out true color. I'll admit sometimes my car feels sluggish esp. when warm. I had ealier stalling problems that seem to have disappeared, could this have been why? I'm no mechanic but the colors seem odd. Am I paranoid or is this legit????:shrug:

A's Cobra

Established Member
ewww... i would definatly put on off road x or h pipe on and test drive it for a while

eddy z

Established Member
mine look the same as yours... I have no power issues.. Car smells like skunk from time to time, but I think its still breaking itself in..

I had ford look at as well, and passed.. am installing the x pipe with free flow cats within the next month. will advise on that mod.

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
Yep. Same color on my cats. I don't feel any 'lag' in power but, it stalled again on me yesterday. I went for appx. 1K miles without a stall. I'm taking it in next week to find out what's going on. I'll keep you posted.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
fd598626.jpg

Purple as Barney the Dinosaur. Overrich fuel condition possible to blame, partially?

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Thanks guys, it appears from your replies it my be normal. Although this is my 4th mustang and none of their cats looked like this. And you're all right, if I swap to an X-pipe who cares in the end. :idea: :D

RED '03

Established Member
Now I'm wondering whats up. My car stalled twice tonight when cold and was running rough idle. Cats?, A/F?. Just turned 600 miles.
Come to stop, idle then suddenly drops below 500 rpm and then dies. Rough idle never really went away but stalling stopped after car warmed up.

Users who are viewing this thread