Are "Modified" Driver Seat Adjustments Possible for Tall Drivers?

Undertow

Established Member
Like anyone else who is 6ft or over, I'm sure they haven't had the pleasure of enjoying alot of leg room in one of the 03 Cobras. Does anyone know of any possible adjustments that could be made to the rails the seat rides on? My buddy has a Cobra, I enjoy driving it when I get the chance, I just believe another inch or so of travel would make driving it so much more enjoyable. Would love to have one if it had just a little bit more room. I doubt this is possible, but I thought I'd give it a shot. Appreciate any comments or suggestions. Thanks.

randit

Established Member
i dont remember where steeda maybe but someone makes replacement rails for the seat that allow the seat to move farther back. im 6'4'' and they are not to bad stock but another inch would be better

Undertow

Established Member
That is awesome. Thanks guys, definitely appreciate it. They aren't all that expensive either. Just got to get one now.

V8Mustang

Established Member
My problem is that my knees hit the dash but my arms are stretched out as far as they can go. I can lean the seat-back forward and that helps with my arms but then my back hurts (have a disc problem).

What I need is tele-scopic steering, like some cars had 40 years ago.

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
had the Kenny Brown rails. My only complaint was the seat height seemed higher with them. the bars are beefy and there is NO seat flex from the rails.

prez1967

Established Member
sorry to bring back the dead... but are these rails still available? or any other methods of fitting taller drivers?

Users who are viewing this thread