Are Khumo ASX's any better than the stock F1's?

Cold Brew

Established Member
These are the khumo ultra high performance all season tires.

Reason I ask is because I bought 2 rims from a guy with these tires on them and am not sure if I want to just buy 2 more to have matching tires or to get something else. I just want it to give a LITTLE bit more traction than the stockers.... Im not pullied so I dont need DRs or anything. Any advice? If they are worse than the stockers I might try the BFG KDW's instead.

fstornge_04

Keep It Simple Stupid
Established Member
IMO....anything is better than the F1 (unless it's a GSD-3)
I have had several sets of F!'s and the same result every time...they are pure crap, and if its wet outside forget it. I was on a freeway doing 80 hit a small puddle and it pushed me into the next lane. I WILL NEVER buy them again. As for the Kuhmo's, my buddy had some and said they were a great "bang for the buck" tire! Good mileage for a good price!
Hope that helps some

Cold Brew

Established Member
I just dont want to end up with something that has less traction than the stockers

fstornge_04

Keep It Simple Stupid
Established Member
Hey man,
Talked to my buddy about the Kuhmo's....he said they def gripped a whole lot better than the F1's.
But he was only putting down 458rwhp. Not sure what your application is

TEABG

Banned
A 14 inch tire off a Honda civic will be better forming than a F1. You know what I would love to see? Stock Cobra 1/4 numbers with some good tires on it. Just an FYI I picked up BFG G-Force KDW 285/40/ZR17 for $132.00 shipped discounttiredirect.com. There are some pictures posted up in the Terminantor Talk section.

Last edited:

Cold Brew

Established Member
fstornge_04 said:
Hey man,
Talked to my buddy about the Kuhmo's....he said they def gripped a whole lot better than the F1's.
But he was only putting down 458rwhp. Not sure what your application is

Thanks! Do you know if he was running the 275 or 285 in the back? I have the 275s but will probably get some 285 and put them in the back.

Im only running intake/exhaust... no pulley.... yet.:burnout:

fstornge_04

Keep It Simple Stupid
Established Member
They were the 275's....just a direct replacement.
I don't know about the climate where you live but I would not recommend these in wet conditions, they seem to have great dry weather but shotty wet weather traction.

Users who are viewing this thread