Are Corvette (or any other "status car") owners Assholes??

Metalbassist03

Corvette Junkie
Established Member
No joke / hidden meaning, that is the question.

I thought the answer to this was no, as I have met 2 Vette owners who were very nice and humble people, I am friends with one of them.

However, at the import dealership where I work (soon to be quitting) many of the "higher ups" have started to buy Vettes. These people that I work with (Vette owners) constantly lay down the vibe that they are better than me and that I am not worthy of conversation. Sad thing is, I know more about their car than they do, which really irritates me....

Either way, I am starting to really believe the majority of people who own cars that cost more than $35k+++ believe they are better than others and are assholes.. Ever ran into these people? Maybe it is just me.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
Can't judge a person by there car.. Some of the few *status car* owners give bad names to the rest of 'em.. I've had my run with bad vette owners, but I've also had my run with the good vette owners.. even this viper owner I met gave me a thumbs up when I raced him. I'm sure they get it all the time. Some understand, some would rather you never ever pull up next to them. Guess it's a hit and miss with the higher end cars.

Purerock105

Established Member
I can't believe I'm stooping down to your 'level' to respond. :p

j/k...You'll find that any and every car sect has people like this.
Heck, I've found other Vette owners that treat ME the way you
were spoke to.

Just remember it's NOT the car, it's the person. :)

:beer:

Metalbassist03

Corvette Junkie
Established Member
Originally posted by Zinc03Cobra
Can't judge a person by there car.. Some of the few *status car* owners give bad names to the rest of 'em.. I've had my run with bad vette owners, but I've also had my run with the good vette owners.. even this viper owner I met gave me a thumbs up when I raced him. I'm sure they get it all the time. Some understand, some would rather you never ever pull up next to them. Guess it's a hit and miss with the higher end cars.

I was just asking because I just have been noticing people with nice ass cars are usually stuck up (around here).

I mean, my friend with his white C5 is a cool guy and isn't an asshole, and so was this guy I met at a Vette show with a 550 HP Black Z06... But man the people (higher ups) I work with are complete jerks most of the time.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
I beat a z06 last night(write up in Road-kill forum), and the owner gave me the thumbs up.. I was suprised, but like PureRock said, it's not the car, it's the person driving it.

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
Have you been lurking on the corvetteforum? lol, stay off their mustang threads if you don't want to see assholes. Oops, gotta spell it azzholes like they have to. OMG the corvette can nEVAr los3!!!

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Yah’ I don't think it has anything to do with what they own/drive. It is just the person its self. They would be an asshole some way or another even if they drove a rusted out 1 cylinder UGO. They would find someway to make themselves feel better than you.

“Oh yah, well your car might have 8 cylinders, but at least mine only burns 1/8th the amount of gas and with the left over money I can donate it to the Nigerian internet scammers, and help out the world while you waste and pollute our earth! SUCKER! UGO PWNS YOUR PEEHOLE BITCH!”

Last edited:

Squeeler92

Originally posted by Narcosynthesis
Have you been lurking on the corvetteforum? lol, stay off their mustang threads if you don't want to see assholes. Oops, gotta spell it azzholes like they have to. OMG the corvette can nEVAr los3!!!

Wait....hold on....the Corvette can lose? NO WAYYYYYY! Your kidding me right?

Yea, a lot of them think their cars were gifts from God. But Hell, I see EVERYONE do that. Mustang owners (03/04 Cobra owners especially) display this same behavior as well....but then so does everyone, some kid that drives a Honda Civic was talking shit about a guy's 5.0 89 Mustang (thing was falling apart at every corner)....both were going at it saying their cars were far superior and they thought that they owned something worth talking about. Definetly depends on the person and how mature/chill they really are

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
I had a co worker that just bought a classic GTO tell me he could beat my cobra because he has a hood mounted tach. I just smiled and said probably. I'm humble about my car, wish other people were about theres.

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
Originally posted by Narcosynthesis
I had a co worker that just bought a classic GTO tell me he could beat my cobra because he has a hood mounted tach. I just smiled and said probably. I'm humble about my car, wish other people were about theres.
:lol:

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
Originally posted by WorkHorse09
I see EVERYONE do that. Mustang owners (03/04 Cobra owners especially) display this same behavior as well...
:rockon:

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
here's a good example of certain vette drivers. It's more like nervous chatter that they rip on the mustang every chance they get. I don't see much of the reverse going on at this site or any other mustang site. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=855220

There are plenty C5s around here and I honestly haven't had much trouble with the ones I've run into. They take their beatings like a man pretty much. If mustangs taste like chicken, then vettes taste like whores. Easy going down.

Here's another one. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=855438

can you tell I hate that site? Probably will ask why go there then? I like to see how other people tick. Makes me glad I got my cobra rather than the Z06 I was going to get.

Last edited:

RedFireGT

Established Member
A true car enthusiastic buys the car for the car. Noobs are the ones who buy to enhance there image or for status.

Z-COBRA

Bling & Zing
Established Member
My best friend owns a Vette,I beat him in a race and we are still best friends,and yes he is a cool down to earth guy.

Users who are viewing this thread