are cobras shipping this week?

wuplash

Established Member
i thought a svt rep said the hold was off the 03 cobras and they would start shipping them again starting monday this week.mine has been released since sep 30th but not put on a truck yet:gt: in a few more days it will be 1 month my car has just been sitting outside on there lot:cuss: i want my car.i hate to screw the dealership i ordered it from by telling them i won't accept it and just go ahead and puchase a torch red coupe already on a dealership lot but i'am tempted at this point.

2003blackcobra

Established Member
My 03 Black Cobra Coupe is sitting in that same yard as yours, I think. My car was build on September 24th and I can't even get the info on where my damn car is. The dealer says I called the lady that does the tracking, but she hasn't called back yet. originally the told me it was shipped in the beginning of october, But who knows!!!

They told me a 1/2 of month ago it will be in anyday!!!! I believe it, Anyday of this year, next year, etc. I can't believe that a dealer Has only one person they can contact to find out the location of a vehicle, that sounds impossible!

I'm just as frustrated as you are. 2 1/2 months a go, I could of had an 03 Torch Red Coupe from the dealer I purchased my 99 from , but they were $1000.00 dollars over sticker as a best possible price. Now i'm wondering if I should have taken it, I'd be driving it by now!!!

2003blackcobra

Established Member
UPDATE

just got a call from my dealer and the dealer said 1600 cobra were held, they will all be shipped by this coming monday. All cars should be at dealers by Nov. 8th

wuplash

Established Member
Re: UPDATE

Originally posted by 2003blackcobra
just got a call from my dealer and the dealer said 1600 cobra were held, they will all be shipped by this coming monday. All cars should be at dealers by Nov. 8th

i sure hope so.i will not be in a good mood if all this sitting outside on there lot damaged the paint from the likes of acid rain or bird doo doo.i've already got my loan paperwork and the check made out to the dealership i ordered from and would really hate to have my credit union void those and make out a new set to the dealership with the torch red coupe as that dealer at this time does not want to do a dealer trade.time will tell how this plays out:shrug:

2003blackcobra

Established Member
i already have my loan for the new cobra processed, I hope i have the car before i need to make my first payment!!

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by 2003blackcobra
i already have my loan for the new cobra processed, I hope i have the car before i need to make my first payment!!

i know the feeling. i'am about to fix that problem on my end especially after calling and talking to a vopc person friday she checked on my car and even called the ramp to see if it was there and naturally it was not and she was informed that they have been having alot of problems with the mustangs and that they are not released yet for shipment and there is no date setup yet when they will start shipping them.so i'am about to go out to my credit union and tell my loan officer the deal and cancel the paperwork and check already setup for the dealership i ordered the sonic blue one from,and have them make out a new set for the other local dealership that has torch red coupe and i will purchase that one and cancel sonic blue as i drove it back in july and found no problems with it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread