Are Canadian prices coming down?

Joe Frito

Mustang Freak
Established Member
I just finished looking at today's paper, and one of the Ford dealers in Calgary has an advertisement that they have both a new Ford GT and GT500 in their showroom "for sale". I find it interesting, since a couple of months ago I went in to talk to this dealer about a GT500, and was told that they have a waiting list of 60 for the car, as well as all cars coming in were pre-sold. This is especially relevent because I was told that all cars were being sold at no less than $80,000 CDN. I am going to go back in this week to check out the pricing, but it sounds like the people waiting in line for this car are starting to smarten up. Anyone else in Canada seeing pricing coming more in line with the $53,000 MSRP?

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
Joe Frito said:
I just finished looking at today's paper, and one of the Ford dealers in Calgary has an advertisement that they have both a new Ford GT and GT500 in their showroom "for sale". I find it interesting, since a couple of months ago I went in to talk to this dealer about a GT500, and was told that they have a waiting list of 60 for the car, as well as all cars coming in were pre-sold. This is especially relevent because I was told that all cars were being sold at no less than $80,000 CDN. I am going to go back in this week to check out the pricing, but it sounds like the people waiting in line for this car are starting to smarten up. Anyone else in Canada seeing pricing coming more in line with the $53,000 MSRP?

Call them and inquire about the price. I bet you won't be pleasantly surprised!

I heard that there are dealers out there renting their GT500's to other dealers just so that they can bring people in to their showroom and if the right person comes along (with a deep pocket) and makes an offer where the owning dealership can get their asking price and the renting dealership can make 5,000-10,000 or more they'll sell it!

That would put it at about 15-25,000 US over MSRP

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
Used cars in the east are going asking at $75-80k CAN. Note that that is asking. Does that preclude people from paying that much over>? Nope. But it does make you wonder how long this can last. All Ford would have to do is announce a third year and pop goes the bubble. And I wonder if it makes sense for them to keep one on the floor all winter. How many sales in the till are worth a Shelby in the snow? Bet we will know in Feb.

MD03SVT

Established Member
Here in montreal prices have risen again only because people are willing to pay even with winter around the corner.Dealers are quoting as hi as 104000$ to get one for spring.

cobra04svt

Pegasus
Established Member
I am glad every one with deep pockets is paying over for the GT500. It seems to be keeping the price of a used Terminator high too. Here in Edmonton at Freedoom Ford a Black Vert is selling for 49,000!:D

If Ford Motor Company negociates a contract for 2009,with Mr Shelby,Ford will build a 2009 Shelby Gt500 model,from my inderstanding from SVT/Ford-Performance.But at this time there is no 2009-Shelby GT500,unless Ford renews there contract with Mr. Carol Shelby [American-Muscle-Car-due to Mr. Shelby Vision with Ford/Dodge/Oldosmobile]

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
Randy Fontenot said:
If Ford Motor Company negociates a contract for 2009,with Mr Shelby,Ford will build a 2009 Shelby Gt500 model,from my inderstanding from SVT/Ford-Performance.But at this time there is no 2009-Shelby GT500,unless Ford renews there contract with Mr. Carol Shelby [American-Muscle-Car-due to Mr. Shelby Vision with Ford/Dodge/Oldosmobile]

Then lets all hope they don't. $100k for a 2007/8 Mustang is truly a sign that we did not learn from the Romans....

Joe Frito

Mustang Freak
Established Member
Freedom Ford is a joke

I have seen numerous SVT or specialty vehicles advertised at Freedom Ford at rediculous prices. I'm not sure why they think that anything on their lot is worth $10,000 more than anywhere else, but they really seem out to lunch on a lot of their pricing, especially since there are two more SVT dealers in Edmonton. I guess if they do get what they are asking, than there are more stupid people out there than I thought, and mor epower to them. Maybe I should put my 2003 Mach 1 on their lot for $37,000 and see what happens.

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
Joe Frito said:
I have seen numerous SVT or specialty vehicles advertised at Freedom Ford at rediculous prices. since there are two more SVT dealers in Edmonton.QUOTE]
For what its worth, there are only the two SVT dealers in Edmonton. Freedom and Healy. For a total of five in Alberta. I was under the impression it was the oil economy that was bidding the prices up, but I think its indicative of some weird madness across North America. It will bust again, just like oil will. The interesting part is how many will sit on showroom floors, or in garages never to be used as intended. And sadly, many will.

Joe Frito

Mustang Freak
Established Member
My bad, I thought Kentwood was SVT as well. I called Metro today and they say the car is sold and it went for $75,000. The salesman asked me "is that a price that would interest you if we could get you one?" I hope he wasn't offended by my laughter in his ear. I guess the guys making $1,500 +/day in the oil patch would easily be able to afford one. The guy next door to me has $140,000 worth of HD Super Duty trucks in his driveway so there is definately lots of money in our economy.

scgt500

Established Member
Was that Metro Ford in Calgary...was the car on the floor in the showroom ?

was it Black and Tungsten ?????? or was that the last Shelby they sold went for $75.000.....Thanks.

Boomer v3.8

Established Member
I feel sorry for you guys... seems the west side has to deal with more shit than the Ontario folks...

... I've seen a bunch for sticker or slightly over.

Joe Frito

Mustang Freak
Established Member
scgt500 said:

Yes it was Metro in Calgary. The car was advertised in last Friday's Sun along with a new Ford GT that they were on the showroom floor and for sale.

As far as color goes, I wasn't able to get in on the weekend to see it so I am not sure of the color.

One of my inititial points of this thread was Metro has been telling everyone that they had all of their allocation pre-sold and 60+ on a waiting list, but low and behold they have a car in their showroom for sale. I was kind of hoping it was sign that things were starting to settle a bit.

It sounds like Ontario is the place to go. Anyone knowing of a coupe at or close to MSRP, please let me know the location!

scgt500

Established Member
Joe Frito said:
scgt500 said:

Yes it was Metro in Calgary. The car was advertised in last Friday's Sun along with a new Ford GT that they were on the showroom floor and for sale.

As far as color goes, I wasn't able to get in on the weekend to see it so I am not sure of the color.

One of my inititial points of this thread was Metro has been telling everyone that they had all of their allocation pre-sold and 60+ on a waiting list, but low and behold they have a car in their showroom for sale. I was kind of hoping it was sign that things were starting to settle a bit.

It sounds like Ontario is the place to go. Anyone knowing of a coupe at or close to MSRP, please let me know the location!
Thanks for the info .....I was sitting hear reading the form post and a few minutes ago I got the call I've been waiting for for a very long time the car has been unloaded at the railyard .....now it should be at the dealer in a few days .....nice to hear the good news....but hard to know that where all , almost all paying way too much...for these cars ....oh well thats the Ford Dealers we have to put up with.................

Joe Frito

Mustang Freak
Established Member
fordification said:
I missed something. How are they able to mark them up?

From what I understand, Ontario is the only province with price protection where dealers can't sell over MSRP. I guess if the dealers can get the stupid prices, you can't blame them for trying. But eventually reality will set in about paying $75,000 for a $53,000 car, especially after they become more common. Depreciation does not start fom the price paid, so when the book on these is $35,000 after a year, people will be pissed.

Joe Frito

Mustang Freak
Established Member
scgt500 said:
Joe Frito said:
Thanks for the info .....I was sitting hear reading the form post and a few minutes ago I got the call I've been waiting for for a very long time the car has been unloaded at the railyard .....now it should be at the dealer in a few days .....nice to hear the good news....but hard to know that where all , almost all paying way too much...for these cars ....oh well thats the Ford Dealers we have to put up with.................

Which dealer are you buying from, and if you don't mind me asking, what did you get it for?

R1Lello

Established Member
Joe Frito said:
scgt500 said:

:( 2007 and 2008's all oversold in Ontario...........people waiting and hoping people will cancel their orders

scgt500

Established Member
Joe Frito said:
scgt500 said:
Which dealer are you buying from, and if you don't mind me asking, what did you get it for?
Metro Ford is the Dealer...and as for price its looking at about 70k .....the reason I say about , is that I have not seen msrp on paper yet.Waiting to see the window sticker on the car....the deal may depend on what the window sticker shows for this dealer .......too much as it works out.

Users who are viewing this thread