Are Bassani Mid-lengths any good?

SVT-NAV

Established Member
Hey guys I have a 2.5 inch Bassani o/r xpipe with a bassani cat back. I;m looking to purchase some headers and was leaning towards the bbk or mac. But then I realized I had to have the same headers as the mid pipe? So anyways, now I'm looking for Bassani Midlengths, but I don't hear people talking about them much. Are they not good? Just concerned, I really want to keep my bassani x-pipe. OR what other options do I have? Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

horspla2000

Established Member
Can't tell you about the Bassani's BUT I just uit Mac ceramic LT's and a Lethal O/R X on mine and I recommend that. Great bang for the buck, overall good fit and finish. I have less than $650 in the whole setup.

marshall_cobra

Established Member
Hey guys I have a 2.5 inch Bassani o/r xpipe with a bassani cat back. I;m looking to purchase some headers and was leaning towards the bbk or mac. But then I realized I had to have the same headers as the mid pipe? So anyways, now I'm looking for Bassani Midlengths, but I don't hear people talking about them much. Are they not good? Just concerned, I really want to keep my bassani x-pipe. OR what other options do I have? Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

the bassani midlengths are awesome imo.. i had them on my 99 cobra and as you know i have a set thats about to go on my 04 cobra. i didnt have a problem with ground clearance or anything else and they sound awesome. i dont think a lot of people buy these because they are a little pricey and most want longtube headers.

shurur

Established Member
jba ML headers are coming down in price..if you're looking strictly at ML headers.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
Is it possible to pull the tranny with long tubes?

yes, with the bassani midlengths you can.

i have full bassani exhaust and i love it. i have had the mid lengths for about 6 years with no issues. i would recommend them.

strad

Established Member
Can't tell you about the Bassani's BUT I just uit Mac ceramic LT's and a Lethal O/R X on mine and I recommend that. Great bang for the buck, overall good fit and finish. I have less than $650 in the whole setup.
I was told in no uncertain terms that ceramic cats are a no go for blown or turbo charged vehicles.
Anyone know anything about this?

Riored95

Established Member
I have a set of bassani Mids also and I love the sound. They were already on the car when i got itso cant say anything for the install. The car makes good power also. They also seem to hold up very well still look like new.

strad

Established Member
Talked with Bassani...They quit using ceramic cats and any new stock should have metal substrate cats now.
Ceramic has more back pressure and is not a good choice for a supercharged vehicle.
Gonna be my choice to replace the stupid Magnaflow set up.

Users who are viewing this thread