Are ALL Dodge Ram owners TOOLS???

BlakHrse95

Established Member
This is more of a question, not a kill story, so sorry if it is supposed to not be in here.

When I had my '95 GT I had jackasses in new Dodge Ram's try to race me every single time I was around one on the road. Now tonight I am on the way home from the gym and am next to a Dodge Ram coming up to a light on the major road/highway in our city. I put it in neutral as I pull up to the red, and just before I stop the light turns green. So, I just leave it in second and pull it out of about 5 mph. This jackass stomps the gas and takes off.

Me being surprised by this, let him get about 2 or 3 car lengths ahead of me before I reacted. As cold as it is here/ crappy tires I was spinning all the way thru second but reeled him in and passed him. My question is though, if all these people love racing so much, why did they not buy a muscle car or a "L"??? :rolleyes: It is my opinion that Dodge did the entire car buying public a disservice with their HEMI BS campaign. Now everyone with a HEMI :hail1: thinks they are a damn drag king! :shrug:

Finally let me say, I do not condone street racing on public highways, but this jackass pissed me off and I felt the need to bring him back to reality. :fart:

FuryShift

You are slow.
Established Member
Damn Boy Em Hemi On Em Boy Got Dem Damn Um Bout 435hp On Em Damn Pickups.

-aint Skeered Mopar Performance

03CobraBro

Established Member
Seems that way. I remember a couple years ago right after I got the Cobra I was following dad down to the GS Nats. He was in the Grand National and I was in the Cobra. Anyway this moron in a Dodge Ram (hemi) was right up on my ass so dad radio'ed me to get in front of him. Well that guy got right up on dad's ass... So then dad radio'ed again and told me to get ready to take off, so I got over, dad blew by, I slapped it on down into 4th and took off and we were both up to 130mph pretty darn quick. About 5 mins later here comes the same moron weaving in and out of traffic. Had to stop and get gas at that point but it does seem like every hemi ram owner is like that. I love Dodge Ram's, especially the hemi powered ones, but it just seems like many of the owners try to act like its more than what it is.

Last edited:

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Well its like this...give a jerk some horsepower and he becomes just a bigger jerk. I've seen plenty of Mustang guys who acted the same way. I've had Mustang guys to tailgate, try to provoke races, rev their engines madly, etc. for no cause except to feed their ego. I've had more than a couple of Mustangs even come by my house and would see my car in the driveway and would rev at the car or come flying down the road in front of my house like raving idiotic lunatics and I've come close to calling the cops on one or two.
However, its not just Mustangs or Rams or anything in particular. Its just that the Hemi is new on the scene, getting a lot of publicity and a very small few are stupid enough to think that its the fastest thing on the road.

Fordguy0915

Established Member
Most Hemi owners I have run into were pretty cool for the most part. There have been a few that were pretty annoying, but most of them have the same line..."You would have a faster truck if you'd got a Hemi in that thing" I make most of them eat their words...WITH A 6 SPEED. I row through the gears in the truck better than the Cobra. A few have hung, but not many. :-D

John :beer:

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Last summer I was cruising along and this dumbass in a red Ram is behind me zooming up and falling back.

It had big wheels and spinners on it (probably an extra 100 HP right there)

He pulls up and starts taliking so I roll down the window.

"Did you buy that car for a reason?"

I am like what???

"come on man, run me in that peice of shit"

Dude, you are not worth the cost of the gas to smoke you!

"Awe, that is just a Ford peice of shit it can't hang with this hemi and the 24s I am running on it"

What a tool :nonono:

Should have told him to put his pasenger out a mile down the road and the first one to get to him got to keep the money :loser:

-Brian

Black3KGT

SECURITY
Established Member
Yeah... Always disliked Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Eagle/whatever products... the hemi is no exception. I would love for an uneducated moron "HEMI SPORT" Ram owner to run into a Silverado/Sierra 2500 HD with the 8.1L(yes, thats a gas engine) option and get trounced.

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
my yuk yuk 49 year old friends goofy saying about his daddy's truck (3/4 ton hemi) is "passes everything on the road except the gas station". i know what you mean by the tool description, but most hemi owners are goog guys and are just proud of their vehicles

RHSPJETER64

Established Member
I had a friend who got a single cab Hemi. He thought he was John Force with that thing. A little run down the 2-mile bridge quickly shut him up..

oldnfast

approaching ancient
Established Member
Are ALL Dodge Ram owners TOOLS???

I don't know about ALL. But I have a personal experience with one. It's a guy I work with.

He was a normal, rational person.........'til he bought the Ram. At first, it was "It was cheaper than the Fords & Chevys." Then, he added dual exhausts & mufflers. All at once, this is one fast muther!

I don't drive the snake to work. This guy's only seen it once, & knows nothing about cars. The other day he says (in front of about 6 people), "A car like yours pulled up beside me at a light yesterday. He thought he was going to beat me away from the light. I pulled him him like crazy."

My reply, "Bob, I can assure you of two things. One, if it was a car like mine, he didn't know you were racing. Two, if your truck is really that bad, I DO race for money."

One of the guys that does know cars piped in, "Just give him the money NOW, Bob." Topic changed.

I think it must be an additive Chrysler put into the dash plastic. The vapors cause a personality dysfunction. :??:

Users who are viewing this thread