Are 95 Cobras just not desireable?

WIRELESS

Were all crazy here....
Established Member
I have been trying to sell my 95 with 72K miles and good mods to no avail? Are these cars just not desired currently? Is it not possible that these will ever reach 93 aclaim? I only want 10K for mine....

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I feel that the '94 & '95 body style, plus the 5.0 engine are unique. When the right person comes along, he'll buy it. I've had mine on Auto Trader On-Line for a long time, and wouldn't sell it for what you're asking. I know they made a lot of the '95's, but where I live, there aren't that many around, and I think that makes it more worth the higher price ... jmo

Dan

WIRELESS

Were all crazy here....
Established Member
There are not any for sale around me either! One guy has a 95 with 82K, no mods and is asking 15,000. Just curious about other opinions of these cars.

95cobby

Established Member
I had my v6 mustang on autotrader. After i sold it i put my 95 Cobra in it's place with a huge price on it that i wouldn't expect anyone to pay. About a month later i got an email from some guy wanting to buy it. Although i still have the car because i didnt want to sell it, there are people out there that want them. Just have to wait. I also think you could get more thatn that for it.

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
*shameless plug*

im selling my 97 with 80k miles on it for 11k obo
still has a warranty for 13 k miles i think

*end shameless plug*

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
I bought my 95 a year ago for $9k with the 347 in it and 46k original miles on the odometer. Right now I can pick up a 94-95 for anywhere from $6k to $8k with your mileage. You might want to reconsider your asking price. JMHO

RAWSN8K

WIRELESS

Were all crazy here....
Established Member
Cars with origional engines are worth more than a car with a 347...there is no reason to pay extra for the Cobra, you could buy a GT with a 347 for even less

95cobby

Established Member
RAWSN8K said:
I bought my 95 a year ago for $9k with the 347 in it and 46k original miles on the odometer. Right now I can pick up a 94-95 for anywhere from $6k to $8k with your mileage. You might want to reconsider your asking price. JMHO

RAWSN8K

I know you can't be talking about a 94-95 Cobra for $6k to $8k. You can get a GT or V6 for that. I bought my 95 Cobra for $11k a few months ago completely stock. I see them selling just around there, some higher, some lower. Just depends on where you live. But if you find one for $6k there is something wrong with it.

SVTINBLAK

Established Member
I dont regret buying mine at all....espeically with the last yr of the 5.0 engine.
I started to buy a 96-98 with that awesome 4 valve as they have soooo many great points about them,I like the 5.0 for it's points as well!

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
Robert M said:
Don't feel real bad, the 95R's are in the dumps price wise also.
Now you're talkin'. I would love a 95R so i can slap my S-trim on it. :rockon: :bowdown:

My dream car is either to have a supercharged 95R or a Supercharged '01 Bullitt

95cobby

Established Member
Having the 95 R's at a low price will make a lot of people want to have one. It's just not good for the few people selling them. I wouldn't mind having one myself, although i can't stand that tan interior but that's easy to change!

Last edited:

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
raven69david said:
or a Supercharged '01 Bullitt
My friend has one. its amazing. $12,000 griggs racing suspension and a roots type blower. on 6 psi he ran a 12.6@110, nows hes running 9psi. :thumbsup: . his car can handle 1.5 G's in corners too. thats a kick ill tell you what. man i love that car.

Justin

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
LAXbronco65 said:
My friend has one. its amazing. $12,000 griggs racing suspension and a roots type blower. on 6 psi he ran a 12.6@110, nows hes running 9psi. :thumbsup: . his car can handle 1.5 G's in corners too. thats a kick ill tell you what. man i love that car.

Justin

What type of tire/wheel combo did he use on the rear of this car when he ran the 12.6@110 at the drag strip?

Robert

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
The market is in the toilet for anything that's not supercharged :(

I had a friend buy a 95 Cobra in 2001 for $6,000 with 78K on it. They seem to be out there for 6-8K right now, especially in larger markets where they aren't as "sought after".

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
im looking for a '94-'95 and i know you can find them for pretty cheap. buddy sold his '95 with 95k miles for $6500. ive seen two in autotrader for $7k-$8k. id think $10k is a little high. but if someone wants one bad enough they'll buy it.
JD

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
I had my 94 for sale for almost a year before I got the right buyer. He was amazed at how clean it was and bought it without driving it. I almost gave it away for 8500.00 with an R hood, built shortblock, heads ,cam, built rearend, full suspension, cage and more. Hurt to sell, but had too many cars and I am transferring soon.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
LAXbronco65 said:
ummmm.......2??/??/18 BFG DR's mounted on Saleen wheels.

The reason why I was interested in the tire combo is because Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords had done a feature on the 95R in their Dec. 1995 issue. Unlike the many other features they did on the 95R, they were strickly interested in 1/4 mile e.t.'s in this feature. The article was called "We R Impressed", sub titled-> "Is Ford's $35,000 Limited Production Wondercar Good for 12's"?

By bolting on a set of drag tires they were able to drop the e.t. from the "SVT advertised" 13.8 to 13.4, the next big e.t. drop was bumping the initial timing to 14 degrees and removing the air filter. They ran repeated 13.1's with this set-up. Then they removed the serpentine belt and got a 12.9 out of this "stock as it came from Ford" 95R. Of course removing the sepentine belt makes the car un-useable for much, but 12.9's with the complete cat. convert. exhaust, stock chip, air meter, etc., that is impressive! They even tried skinny's on the front for a couple of passes, but used stock size wide front tires for the 12.9 pass. They had the skinny's laying next to the sepentine belt in the "things not used for the 12.9 pass" picture. The best e.t. I have seen in any of the many magazine articles I have that were done in 1995/1996 on the a stock 95R loaned by Ford for magazine review is 13.6, on stock BFG Comp T/A's. The 95 R is an impressive car, as with all of the 95 model GT's and Cobra's they (the 95R) are very low in price at this time.

Robert

NXSVTCOBRA

95cobby said:
I know you can't be talking about a 94-95 Cobra for $6k to $8k. You can get a GT or V6 for that. I bought my 95 Cobra for $11k a few months ago completely stock. I see them selling just around there, some higher, some lower. Just depends on where you live. But if you find one for $6k there is something wrong with it.

you said it right, its all in where you live, down here in Miami, i was gonna get a low mileage 98 cobra for $8k abot 3 months ago, and i thought that was too much, there is a guy right now with a 99 cobra 45k original miles and he wants $12,500 for it, plenty of other good deals around..... but you get what im saying.......

Users who are viewing this thread