AR GT500 at Centerville Drags today?

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Buddy in my local car club said he saw a '13 GT500 running at the opening track day at Centerville today (Saturday). Was that someone on here? He said the track was poor and wasn't hooking for anyone at all today. Sorry I missed it though. Need a few more miles on mine before I start to get my hands dirty at the track with it. Anyway, just curious if it was one of you guys since he didn't mention color and I know I've spoken with a few of you guys from my area already. :beer:

07 scoby

Established Member
The car that was up there is my car. All stock with street tires and it was getting sideways in 2nd gear. After letting out getting back in it only able to get a 10.8 not very good but that will be fixed.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
The car that was up there is my car. All stock with street tires and it was getting sideways in 2nd gear. After letting out getting back in it only able to get a 10.8 not very good but that will be fixed.

He said he thought you were running low 10's, but I guess he was wrong. He said even the MT guys were having a tough time hooking. What mode were you launching with and what LC setting? Or were you running with everything off? I think most owners seem to run mid 12's their first time out with the car until they get the launch settings to their liking. I've listened and learned from a lot of guys on here who have already been to the track, and even being aware of the pitfalls I bet I'll still have trouble for my first few trips out. Wish I had gone yesterday and at least said Hi to ya. Hit me up if you have plans to head back out sometime. :beer:

07 scoby

Established Member
I did not use any of the LC settings. If I used them I would have not even left the line.ha ha I took off very easy and then got on it going into 2nd and just got side ways so I let off and got back in it. Im going to get some tires and go back. But I will let you know the next time I go.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I think the car should be in the 9s not high 10s.

Yeah, in stock form, shooting for a 9.7-9.9 at Centerville would be a win in my book if I were driving. The car has more in it than that but for an average driver like me at a less than average track like the Ville, I'd be perfectly happy with a high 9.

You really should try the LC and Advtrac to get the best out of it sometime. I've tinkered with it on the street and did a few launches and was really happy with it. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread