AR: August 19,20,21*

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
I'm curious to see what Caleb's car would sound like... maybe a dump truck with SLP Loudmouth 3's. Haha... I'd do what Travis said, unfortunately the midpipes don't really give you shit, but they do sound good if you get the right one.

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
svtexcelr8 said:
X pipe for the slight HP gain (if any), H pipe for the sound, Prochamber for a little of both worlds.
Hell yes, I'm thinking about getting one of these when I have enough money to purchase something pointless. :-D

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
No cats will relieve boost, but the car would be so damn loud the drone would be unbearable. Anything with an x-pipe is going to improve flow, but its coming out of stock manifolds I assume so it wouldnt make much, if any power difference. Buck up and buy some headers and mids. :beer:

svtexcelr8

Patiently Waiting
Established Member
i am not sure that i would go with headers just yet. cobras have pretty decent manifolds on them factory, and until he gets into really high hp i think he would be better off spending the $ somewhere else. my opinion though....but they do make the car sound awesome i think lol.

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
svtexcelr8 said:
i am not sure that i would go with headers just yet. cobras have pretty decent manifolds on them factory, and until he gets into really high hp i think he would be better off spending the $ somewhere else. my opinion though....but they do make the car sound awesome i think lol.
I have read the same thing. I have read in articles that headers are not really a big kick in the arss for the money you pay, until you get up into the ungodly amounts of HP. I think that the money would be better spent in other areas of the car. I would definately invest in a good set of tires. I'm not sure what those were that Travis had on his cobra, but they were awsome. He was able to leave the line at quite a bit more than an idle just by changing the tires and shaved pretty impressive points off of his time.

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
Red35thGT said:
jankins has an advantage though. she has a tail.

right foot = gas
tail = brake
left foot = clutch
I gave her full service at the gas pump last night. Filled up her gas tank = asshole with high-quality grade octane. She tweaked a little bit when I pulled out. :p

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
AzianStang said:
I gave her full service at the gas pump last night. Filled up her gas tank = asshole with high-quality grade octane. She tweaked a little bit when I pulled out. :p

I shiver horribly for having built a visual image of this going on. All I can say is "poor jankins" lol

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
There was a guy that has a Roush S3 with the same set up as caleb...slp LM with a OR x pipe.......====arss...way to loud and not a good sound......way to raspy......that is the price for a small displacement OHV motor........Not near what a 5.0 will sound like the same way. :rockon:

jfad85

it puts the lotion on its
Established Member
AzianStang said:
Wow I'm not surprised, Jason. You can probably tell me all the specials occurring at Kroger as well. We could trade info, and I could let you know about that 50% off sale on liposuction, that would actually let you be able to see your pee pee. BOOO YAAAAW! :coolman:

I might give you a call one day when you decide to spell my name right. :nono:

Hey my bad was in a rush had to be at work in 2 min but EVAN i will have to call u later today and let u know the only thing i need to know is how many cause i can get any large pizza for $6.00 at work :nono: :smmon: :smmon: :smmon:

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
svtexcelr8 said:
why are you wanting to cut out the cats? i personally dont like the way catless sounds , but the sound (tone) is going to mainly come out of the mufflers. go with some high flow catted mid pipe (mrt or something) for a louder sound and keeping the torque and gain a little more horsepower.

Our GT is catless, and one time you told me it sounded good. Were you just trying to make me feel better about myself? :(

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
jdrake19 said:
Our GT is catless, and one time you told me it sounded good. Were you just trying to make me feel better about myself? :(
your is catless, but it has the prochamber. That keeps it from being all raspy and obnoxious. Thats the beauty of the prochamber. You get the performance of a catless system without the noise that comes from cutting them off.

svtexcelr8

Patiently Waiting
Established Member
jdrake19 said:
well, he didn't clarify and i must say i'm a bit hurt...:D

Now back to Laguna Beach.

actually i did clarify, and i do think your car sounds awesome. above i stated the comment of: "X pipe for the slight HP gain (if any), H pipe for the sound, Prochamber for a little of both worlds." your car doesnt sound anything like a car with "just a catless exhaust" hence, the comment i made on the prochamber. jake jake jake, you keep looking for the bad intentions in me, am i going to have to bring out our home movies and let you sit in my lap on the couch so that we can remember what good times we have? by the way, good luck on the sale. do you want us to post up comments of how sweet your car is or are you trying to keep that post clean of nothing but sales minded activity? cause i was going to post you up some compliments but i wasnt sure what you wanted to do. also congrats on the "hoe, i heard she was beautiful! cant wait to see you sat. buddy!

03WetSnake

All Or Nothing!!!
Established Member
well i have the full slp exhuast with xpipe and the bussiness beside me and he can make me inserts for my cats, my cats unbolt it takes 2 minutes to take them off i want to try but probably won't keep them like that.
I made a video of my flying over two cameras in the road at 130mph it's awesome sounding and looking.

Users who are viewing this thread