Apten upgrade help....

CountySoldier

500 RWHP SVT COBRA
Established Member
Ok I am starting today on the Apten upgrade. I am sending my unit to them because of the low mileage on my car. Just looking for any tips on the removal of the blower. It doesn't look too bad, but I would love to hear any good tips on the removal/install.

Snkbyte

I'm the cream of the crop
Established Member
Have a buddy to help you out it's a lot easier with 4 hands instead of 2 to get the blower out. Also use some heat on the intercooler bolts if they are tight.

Will

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
I did mine yesterday, no problems besides the standard breakage of the intercooler bolts, I think the ones we broke were unavoidable, we were extra careful. March 04 5.0 has a complete tear down and insatll instructions which I could not find anymore on Aptens web site.
I am getting kind of scared because Brian the founder of Apten is no longer with the company, but I cant seem to get any feedback about the new ownership of the company.

cobra101

Established Member
there was a link on here about a month or two ago. It had step by step instructions that looked pretty thorough. Maybe someone will have a link.

CountySoldier

500 RWHP SVT COBRA
Established Member
Yo Ken-
Im at my place in Blacklick. (right off E. Broad St & Reynoldsburg/New Albany)...feel free to stop by!!

CountySoldier

500 RWHP SVT COBRA
Established Member
I am getting kind of scared because Brian the founder of Apten is no longer with the company, but I cant seem to get any feedback about the new ownership of the company.

Is this a bad thing? Who actually does the work?

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Originally posted by CountySoldier
Is this a bad thing? Who actually does the work?

I've seen a post either on here or somewhere else that Brian H answered & said the same people does the porting in St. Louis, they just ship them from cincy. Or maybe they can set it up where you ship to St. Louis direct:shrug:

You plan on having the car ready for next saturday's dyno, CountySoldier?

Users who are viewing this thread