Apten Head Cooling Kit

03Cobra745

Haven't seen anything on this for awhile...

I'm finally getting ready to have my "Ticking Head" replaced and I'm thinking of having the Apten Head Cooling Kit installed at the same time.

Opinions?

Thanks!

03Cobra745

Metro1 said:
I would do it, are the new heads out now?

New heads? There was talk about those last summer. I was assuming that they would be out by now! :shrug:

I want to get this "Tick" taken care of before my warrenty expires! :eek:

ModsAway

Established Member
bhartman said:
New heads? There was talk about those last summer. I was assuming that they would be out by now! :shrug:

I want to get this "Tick" taken care of before my warrenty expires! :eek:

Has your dealer already agreed that they will replace your heads for you?

Most have been turning people away as they well know the heads are not the problem. As many people would accuse here I also believe Ford is just waiting for our warranties to expire. (My engine warranty in Canada is 5yr/60,000miles) but I'm throwing it out in the spring anyway. What good is a warranty with a company that will not honour it.

MTI LS1

There is no point in taking the car in for the tick, Ford has not come out with the new head, nor is there any reason to believe that they will have one anytime soon. Many people had the "fix" and it still did not stop the tick.

03Cobra745

Man this sucks! The more reading and research I do, the more I am coming to realize that it just isn't worth it to have "Joe Ford" mechanic rip my engine apart for a "fix" that doesn't fix anything!

And to add insult to injury, there probably will NEVER be a fix!

I wonder if it would be worth getting the extended warranty, so if/when my engine goes "BOOM" at least then Ford "should" fix it!?

MTI LS1

I wish that I hadnt got my extended warranty. If your going to mod the car theres really no point to it. I say skip the head fix, no way I would want someone to tear into my engine and not have the problem fixed. If they are doing it, then it is the same fix that they were doing when it was fixing nothing. I was told Ford stopped doing it b/c it was costing them truck loads of money and people were still complaining?

03Cobra745

Yup... I think it's just a case of SCREW IT! No head swap, cooling kit or extended warranty and just let it ride! Except for the "tick" during cold start-up, the car is running great.

csumt76

Established Member
screw FORD, I took my car to the dealer twice... Who knows why I decided to take it back to those hacks a second time.. I work for Benz and would never ever do the stupid shit they pull. They just dont care. I am extremely cautious when fixing someones car, especially a niche car like any amg or high line benz. Geez, those kids at FORD suck.

They chipped the paint on my fender, almost sawed by hood release cable in half, and put touch up paint on my strut towers just while trying to align the car.

03Cobra745

csumt76 said:
screw FORD, I took my car to the dealer twice... Who knows why I decided to take it back to those hacks a second time.. I work for Benz and would never ever do the stupid shit they pull. They just dont care. I am extremely cautious when fixing someones car, especially a niche car like any amg or high line benz. Geez, those kids at FORD suck.

They chipped the paint on my fender, almost sawed by hood release cable in half, and put touch up paint on my strut towers just while trying to align the car.

Good reason to forgo a fix that fixes nothing! :mj:

Users who are viewing this thread