apply wax over a sealant??

stangfan16

Established Member
i just finished applying a full poorboys lineup to my white 97 cobra and damn does it look nice...but i was wondering if i could apply some of my clearkote wax as well. here is the list of poorboys products i used. car was claybar'ed before hand. all products were applied with a porter cable and removed by hand with microfiber.

1. ssr 2.5
2. ssr 1
3. ex-p

now i know the ex-p is a sealant, so my question is, is it OK to apply waxes on top of the sealant? if it's ok, i'd probably be applying vanilla moose wax then the carnauba moose wax. as a final coat. thanks for any input. :thumbsup:

p.s. how can i post pics of my car?

Juiced-03

Established Member
Absolutely! EX-P is one of my favorite sealants! I top it with everything. A wax will look spectacular on it. DO NOT USE VANILLA MOOSE THOUGH! Vanilla Moose is a cleaner and will strip your sealant right off.

I don't like using Carnauba Moose Wax on sealants either (it isn't the most pure wax out there and contains petroleum distillates) but it will work in a pinch. I would use a high quality paste wax instead.

stangfan16

Established Member
well right now in my garage i just have the CMW and some walmart wax (meguiars gold class paste) that i used when detailing my parents cars way back when. i could run up to checker or napa but my guess is they dont have much by way of quality and i really dont want to wait to mailorder something. any ideas?

spree

Established Member
Scott @ SMP has free shipping going on right now, so grab yourself a jar of Natty's from him. Should cost you about $15.

Juiced-03

Established Member
stangfan16 said:
well right now in my garage i just have the CMW and some walmart wax (meguiars gold class paste) that i used when detailing my parents cars way back when. i could run up to checker or napa but my guess is they dont have much by way of quality and i really dont want to wait to mailorder something. any ideas?

Do you have a local Harley Davidson dealer in your area? Check the phone book or go to their site and look for a dealer. They stock S100 paste wax! It's not too expensive either. It is one of my favorite waxes. Just be sure to do a panel at a time and remove it right after you finish applying it to the whole panel.

stangfan16

Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
Do you have a local Harley Davidson dealer in your area? Check the phone book or go to their site and look for a dealer. They stock S100 paste wax! It's not too expensive either. It is one of my favorite waxes. Just be sure to do a panel at a time and remove it right after you finish applying it to the whole panel.

yeah there's like 9 of them in scottsdale...damn R.U.B.'s...

thanks for the tip i think i'll call first thing in the morning.

Juiced-03

Established Member
SVECobraR said:
What would happen if you use a wax then a sealant? Like CMW then topped by EX-P

It probably wouldn't bond right. You might get streaks and poor durability.

Users who are viewing this thread