Application/Buffing questions

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I just got done washing and claying the L and I'll be waxing/buffing tomorrow morning. Are there any tips from the pros for a first time buffer user? I bought a 10" Craftsman random orbital buffer. The process seems simple, but I don't want to screw anything up and/or spend way too much time on it. Any help is greatly appreciated!
:beer:

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Oh yeah... I'll be using Carnauba Moose Wax. I've got 4 of the typical blue applicator bonnets, 2 terry cloth bonnets, and "fake sheepskin" type polishing bonnet.

Scott P

Established Member
I wouldn't even bother using that buffer for CMW. I would simply apply it by hand. You'd be wasting a lot of product using that machine. Those buffers are best meant for use with one-step waxes and paint cleaners such as AIO. They really don't generate enough speed to be effective at swirl removal and polishing.

You can easily do a car with less than an ounce of CMW by hand. It doesn't take much longer and the thinner coats make all the difference.

trance_in_miami

Established Member
hey get a porter cable @lowes its way better than that 10" buffer you got. I had to give mine away it really dint do much. the PC plus the pads are the way to save time and get better resutls. i can attest to that

Users who are viewing this thread