Apple Software

rrg9946

Established Member
Went and saw Need For Speed tonight with my 10 year old son. I noticed all of the Ford products displayed Apple software on the touch screen. Including the 2015 Mustang. Is this Apple Carplay or the OS for the car? It had every Apple app on the screen that an Iphone would have including Face Time.

Last edited:

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
Went and saw Need For Speed tonight with my 10 year old son. I noticed all of the Ford products displayed Apple software on the touch screen. Including the 2015 Mustang. Is this Apple Carplay or the OS for the car? It had every Apple app on the screen that an Iphone would have including Face Time.

Would be nice.

I saw. CarPlay demo and it was sweet. Clean, easily navigable, and easy to use features.

Replace the crap Sync with this.

If they could expand CarPlay to take over MyFord Touch, all the better.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I would never buy a car with Apple software in it.

Honestly, if a manufacturer wants to put a mobile OS in a car, it should be Android. At least Google makes its apps and software compatible with Apple devices. Apple just makes proprietary software and hardware that doesn't work well with anyone but Apple. A lot of people are going to be annoyed when they plug in an Android/Windows/Blackberry phone and the car doesn't recognize it.

iphones and Mac computers are NOT majority stakeholders in their respective markets, I can't comprehend why people think that is the case.

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

Honestly, if a manufacturer wants to put a mobile OS in a car, it should be Android. At least Google makes its apps and software compatible with Apple devices. Apple just makes proprietary software and hardware that doesn't work well with anyone but Apple. A lot of people are going to be annoyed when they plug in an Android/Windows/Blackberry phone and the car doesn't recognize it.

iphones and Mac computers are NOT majority stakeholders in their respective markets, I can't comprehend why people think that is the case.

Lol but if the car was like my droid it would just crash a few times per day and I would have to accept it..

I thought Ford had ditched Microsoft for the sync setup and they were going with Blackberry.

darreng505

Established Member

This.

Justin81

Established Member

I have a bunch of high society, college educated, tech savy friends. They all have Apple products for phones.

I also have a few degenerate, drug addict, alcoholic loser friends that make $12/ hour and could barely get on the internet. They all have Android phones. There also the only ones I know that bitch about their shitty Phones crashing and forcing closed on them.

I have an I-phone so i'm not even sure what that means though so I just laugh at their misfortune. :lol1:

I hope that Ford soes away with Sync because it's garbage!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I have a bunch of high society, college educated, tech savy friends. They all have Apple products for phones.

I also have a few degenerate, drug addict, alcoholic loser friends that make $12/ hour and could barely get on the internet. They all have Android phones. There also the only ones I know that bitch about their shitty Phones crashing and forcing closed on them.

I have an I-phone so i'm not even sure what that means though so I just laugh at their misfortune. :lol1:

I hope that Ford soes away with Sync because it's garbage!

Right, people think the iphone is a status symbol for some reason. Also, your degenerate friends probably can't afford an iphone beacuse it's so damn expensive, and there are MANY lower end affordable Android phones. And phones don't crash for a reason, crappy apps do.

But anywho, good luck to any manufacturers that put Apple stuff in their cars. Like the ones that already have Siri integration :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread