Apple / IPad gurus, need help about browsing SVTP

musclefan21

Established Member
Okay, not sure why but I cannot see photos posted in threads. When I click to a thread with photos posted, all I see is The text the poster typed, not the photos. When I click reply with quote, I can see the photo links in there. I also can't see "post reply" " new thread" buttons anymore. What's happening here?

Another example would be, I can't see my signiture photo.

I have an IPad Air wi the latest software IOS 8.3.

Thanks

Last edited:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Sounds like user error to me. :shrug:

J/K Man.

I have the same problem from time to time on our iPad Mini with 8.3 as well.

I believe it is a Tapatalk issue if that is what you're using. If you're using Safari, that could be the culprit too. I switch between Tapatalk and Chrome and don't really encounter too many issues.

Last edited:

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I was having issues with safari viewing the forum last night on my ipad mini as well. Still running 8.0 ish ios. I am going to try updating it to see if that fixes it though.

1o1proof

Established Member
Sucks using my iPad / safari as well, and this is the only site I have problems with. Forum pages (not always the actual threads) jump around while loading, pictures take FOREVER to load however video links seem to work ok. I just deal with it and wait till I get bored at work and use the PC.

musclefan21

Established Member
Sounds like user error to me. :shrug:

J/K Man.

I have the same problem from time to time on our iPad Mini with 8.3 as well.

I believe it is a Tapatalk issue if that is what you're using. If you're using Safari, that could be the culprit too. I switch between Tapatalk and Chrome and don't really encounter too many issues.

I don't use tapatalk. I use safari and google chrome, both the same. Photos won't load, just the text as if the poster did not post any pics.

What browser and skin are you using?

Safari

GodStang

Established Member
I always use Chrome on my iPads and iphones and zero issues with browsing the site. Now I have seen many many sites have issues with Safari and then when switched over to Chrome the sites work fine.

musclefan21

Established Member
Are you using the desktop or mobile skin?

I think it is mobile. It doesnt even give me any option to use desktop. Whatever is default.

I used mobile skin on my cellphone and photos show just fine.

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
Okay, not sure why but I cannot see photos posted in threads. When I click to a thread with photos posted, all I see is The text the poster typed, not the photos. When I click reply with quote, I can see the photo links in there. I also can't see "post reply" " new thread" buttons anymore. What's happening here?

Another example would be, I can't see my signiture photo.

I have an IPad Air wi the latest software IOS 8.3.

Can you please provide a screen shot?

Can you answer these questions:
- Is this happening consistently across all threads, or is it more sporadic.
- How is your internet connection speed?
- Any similar issues with other sites?
- does reloading the page make a difference?

musclefan21

Established Member
Here is a screenshot

image.jpg1_zps2n5cijjx.jpg

It wasn't the case until recently.

Internet is good. It happens only here as far as I know. I haven't been browsing other forums lately quite honestly. It does happen in every thread. At one point yesterday, I was able to see my sig photo though, normally I can't see that as well. No, reloading does not help.

musclefan21

Established Member
Ok this problem still exists and i just checked other forums and i am able to see pictures in all threads in those forums, however here on svtp, most threads containing photos will just look blank. Nothing there whatsoever.

Could you guys help me out on this?

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread