Apparently....i was lucky.....riiiight

04Chris

Chicane straightner
Established Member
I was driving home with dinner when i see a big Ford truck fly out from behind some traffic. The road i was on was a 3 lane road. I was in the right lane and the truck changed from behind a car farther back in the right lane to the center lane. He catches up and he is riding door to door with me. As i glance over at the behemoth that was riding next to me i see it is an F-350 diesel dually and i hear this roar when he hits it :dw: .

I thought "riiight." We didn't have enough room for me to put the hurt on him so at first i let him go. Suprisingly it actually sounded pretty good. It had some sort of dual exhaust that exited behind each rear wheel. At this point i thought, i have to let this dumbass know that i don't like dually drivers thinking they can take a Cobra. He slowed down when he got to the traffic. I got up next to him again and we were doing about 40. I yanked my gear stick into 2nd for a serious pull fest and waited for a response. Sure enough he took the bait.

I heard this deep roar from the beast and i did my best wrestling move and pinned the gas pedal to the floor. I shot up from 40 to 75 in a blink which for him meant that i went from a half car behind to 1.5 cars in front. I waited for him to catch back up while i was behind some "lap traffic." When he got up next to me he said "moves perty gud fur a 8100 pound truck don't it?" I replied "it does ok." He tells me it has some kind of chip and it's making around 440hp. I though i heard him say something about a 5 bank something or other. I really couldn't understand with all the get-er-dun coming out of his mouth. Then he dropped the bomb on me. He said that if he had propane injection he would have got me. I thought i could hear the record needle draging across the record when i heard that. I just smiled and said "maybe."

So i guess i'm pretty lucky he didn't have it because i would have been really bummed that i got my ass handed to me in my 453rwhp, 467rwtq modded cobra when he was driving an 8100lb dually :bored: What ever ya say there Billy-Bob!

deannyc

Str8
Established Member
Honestly though. What is the point of saying "if". *If* I had dual turbos and a 500 shot of juice in my camry I could take out an enzo... Too bad I dont. If I had a bigger turbo and an intake and this, and that, I would of won. Im sick of hearing it. Ricers abuse it the most. I got into an arguement with a kid driving a 95 civic. Told me if he dropped 5 grand into his car it would be insane. I said "by insane you mean a 13 second quarter?" "NAH DUDE MORE LIKE A LOW 9" Oh ya, if you did your engine swap to a model HGMP67DOHCVTEC, producing 20 more hp, and if you change your whole suspension, if you had a 1000 shot, and if, and if, and if. SHUT THE **** UP. :mj:

Last edited:

BlackSabbath

Established Member
"Then he dropped the bomb on me. He said that if he had propane injection he would have got me. I thought i could hear the record needle draging across the record when i heard that."

LOL!

00GT

Banned
04Chris said:
I was driving home with dinner when i see a big Ford truck fly out from behind some traffic. The road i was on was a 3 lane road. I was in the right lane and the truck changed from behind a car farther back in the right lane to the center lane. He catches up and he is riding door to door with me. As i glance over at the behemoth that was riding next to me i see it is an F-350 diesel dually and i hear this roar when he hits it :dw: .

I thought "riiight." We didn't have enough room for me to put the hurt on him so at first i let him go. Suprisingly it actually sounded pretty good. It had some sort of dual exhaust that exited behind each rear wheel. At this point i thought, i have to let this dumbass know that i don't like dually drivers thinking they can take a Cobra. He slowed down when he got to the traffic. I got up next to him again and we were doing about 40. I yanked my gear stick into 2nd for a serious pull fest and waited for a response. Sure enough he took the bait.

I heard this deep roar from the beast and i did my best wrestling move and pinned the gas pedal to the floor. I shot up from 40 to 75 in a blink which for him meant that i went from a half car behind to 1.5 cars in front. I waited for him to catch back up while i was behind some "lap traffic." When he got up next to me he said "moves perty gud fur a 8100 pound truck don't it?" I replied "it does ok." He tells me it has some kind of chip and it's making around 440hp. I though i heard him say something about a 5 bank something or other. I really couldn't understand with all the get-er-dun coming out of his mouth. Then he dropped the bomb on me. He said that if he had propane injection he would have got me. I thought i could hear the record needle draging across the record when i heard that. I just smiled and said "maybe."

So i guess i'm pretty lucky he didn't have it because i would have been really bummed that i got my ass handed to me in my 453rwhp, 467rwtq modded cobra when he was driving an 8100lb dually :bored: What ever ya say there Billy-Bob!

Why do these idiots all have to lie about the weight of their trucks? To sound more bad a**? The heaviest F-350 weighs 6730 lbs. It is a crew cab, longbed 4x4.

http://www.edmunds.com/used/2005/fo...tml?tid=edmunds.u.prices.leftsidenav..6.Ford*

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
00GT said:
Why do these idiots all have to lie about the weight of their trucks? To sound more bad a**? The heaviest F-350 weighs 6730 lbs. It is a crew cab, longbed 4x4.

Makes them feel better when they lose...

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
I was at the track, and saw a crew cab, short bed lifted GMC diesel run mid-11s. Those diesels are no joke.. A 200hp gain, with 300-500tq gain is easy from a programmer/chip.

04Chris

Chicane straightner
Established Member
Every once in a while i see this bright green tricked-out dually driving around. It looks like it has had alittle work done. It sounds pretty loud, it was lowered, and it has big ass Mickey Thompsons where the dual rear wheels were. I don't know how much faster it is than stock or if the mods were more for show. I haven't heard of duallies running in the 12's or 11's but i'm sure there out there. This one didn't have the stones to hang with me though judging by the first time he hit it and i watched him go.

If i run across a dually that could run 12's or 11's, i hope it's somewhere i have room to run. If the dually can run the 1/4 that fast, i'm sure that i'll be right next to him until aerodynamics, gearing and top-end hp start hurting him and helping me.

Users who are viewing this thread