AOL Billing Problem!!!!!!!!! HELP!

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
Ok.. about 7 months ago my father stopped his AOL account. Then about 3 months later we recieved a bill saying we owed the $14.95 They said someone had been logging on to the account we TOLD them to close. It wasnt anyone in this house hold because all of the AOL software had been removed and my computer was new and didnt have it at all. So my dad has been arguing with them for around 2 months. Now all of a sudden they are sending ME the bill in my name at my house!!!! WTF??? I haven't had a phone line at that house in 2 years! Im really pissed off about it and dont know what to do. Im so sick of arguing with these non english speaking fools they have on their tech lines. What do I need to do about this??? According to the bill the bill is late like 130 days and will be going against my credt!!!!! Uhgh.... anyone have any ideas for me??

My only guess as to why they are sending it to me is because one of the screen names on my fathers account was mine (not the master name) and 2 years ago when we had a phone line at my house the account there was in my name. So maybe they are trying to trick me into paying the bill? I dunno what to do... I wanna call them and just completely blow my lid on them... but that wont get anything done... i need help here!! :cuss:

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
I signed up for a Free Account about 1.5 years ago while I was moving just to be able to use dial-up to check my e-mail and when I went to disconnect the service they bounced me through at least 4 hard-sell people trying to convince me to keep the account, by the 2nd one I was friggin pissed off. I hate AOL

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
yep.. i hate em too. And im sick and tired of dealing with them! Im just really angry they are trying to put this bill off on me and i had nothing to do with it!! Tempted to threaten them with a lawyer buddy of mine...

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Welcome to the most successful virus that people payed for!

Their customer support is an effing joke... it will take several calls to get them to finally cancel it. I know a buddy that had to call 4 times... and still got charged an extra month! Keep calling and demand to talk to a supervisor.

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
SVTcobraGirl said:
Ok.. about 7 months ago my father stopped his AOL account. Then about 3 months later we recieved a bill saying we owed the $14.95 They said someone had been logging on to the account we TOLD them to close. It wasnt anyone in this house hold because all of the AOL software had been removed and my computer was new and didnt have it at all. So my dad has been arguing with them for around 2 months. Now all of a sudden they are sending ME the bill in my name at my house!!!! WTF??? I haven't had a phone line at that house in 2 years! Im really pissed off about it and dont know what to do. Im so sick of arguing with these non english speaking fools they have on their tech lines. What do I need to do about this??? According to the bill the bill is late like 130 days and will be going against my credt!!!!! Uhgh.... anyone have any ideas for me??

My only guess as to why they are sending it to me is because one of the screen names on my fathers account was mine (not the master name) and 2 years ago when we had a phone line at my house the account there was in my name. So maybe they are trying to trick me into paying the bill? I dunno what to do... I wanna call them and just completely blow my lid on them... but that wont get anything done... i need help here!! :cuss:

go to www.creditboards.com and those guys over there can help you out.

Sapperstang

Established Member
I can't believe people actually still use AOL. Trying to get them to cancel is a PITA. Back in the day when AOL was still cool I had it but that was years ago.

DesertMach

Established Member
I remember having AOL several years ago, yes it was a major PITA to cancel the account, what was more anoying were the odd hour calls from them trying to get me to rejoin..

wvmystichrome

Established Member
My mother had about the same thing happen to her. AOLs excuse was: Just because you don't use it or do not have a computer connection does not mean you can not be a member of AOL. My mom was in her late 60s and did not know how to turn a computer on. It took us 3 - 4 months to get it stopped. If it is automatically coming out of his checking account he can do an UNAUTHORIZED debit ACH form and have his bank return it. We do this quite often at the bank I work at.

DravenGSX

Established Member
This type of thing has been going on with AOL for many many years. Keep calling.. threaten to sue.. etc.

There was a class action suit several years ago against them. They had to pay out a bunch of money so they are sensitive to it.

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
lol. Nextel/sprint whatever ya wanna call them is turning into another AOL. They weren't to happy when I switched my nextel number to verizon. We are now fighting nextel cause they are trying to say I signed up for another term which I certainly did not. It's not my fault their coverage area sucks.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
This is a common scam that AOL pulls. Do a search on Google about it and you'll be surprised.

EVERYONE I know who cancelled their AOL accounts had billing issues for months afterwards. It's quite simply a scam.

Tell them to go f'k themselves and threaten to sue. I'd be shocked if they did anything that would affect your credit, but if they did, you could sue the crap out of them and easily win. Especially with the bad rep that they have.

It sickens me every time I hear about AOL doing this to someone.

Impossible to cancel AOL

Sapperstang

Established Member
Euphoric One said:
Back when I put together my first resume, I was told it might not be a good idea to have an @aol.com e-mail address on it. :D

Saw a business van yesterday and their email address on the side was an aol email address. Just can't take em serious now...

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Send them a bill for $15.36. Just put something on it like "1.0 each annoyed EX customer" That is 41 cents more than the 14.95 they dinged you for. Gotta pay postage yanno.

When they don't pay, send a 2nd notice, and tack on a $27 late fee.

When they still refuse to pay, send a collection notice. Make it sound mean.

When they ignore that, call their various public phone numbers, and demand payment of your invoice. Enlist all your friends to call these numbers daily.

You probably will never get your money and will probably have to sue, but go ahead and have fun anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread