Anyone's Stainless Inserts Coming Off?

Wease

I Love Beavers
Established Member
I bought these stainless inserts about a year ago, and one of the letters is coming off/up a bit. They are the same inserts you get on http://www.ssinserts.com/. Are they under any kind of warranty? Or what can I use to re-stick that letter back on? :(

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
get some 3m emblem double sided tape, use heavy gauge fishing line to cut the old adhesive off the bumper by threading it behind the insert. Then use a razor to get the rest of the adhesive off the insert itself and some 3m adhesive and wax remover to get the stuff off the bumper. Put some new adhesiver strips all over the backs of the inserts and stick back on. Should be good as new.

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
get some 3m emblem double sided tape, use heavy gauge fishing line to cut the old adhesive off the bumper by threading it behind the insert. Then use a razor to get the rest of the adhesive off the insert itself and some 3m adhesive and wax remover to get the stuff off the bumper. Put some new adhesiver strips all over the backs of the inserts and stick back on. Should be good as new.

Wease

I Love Beavers
Established Member
cobraCMDR said:

Thanks, I will try that! :D

Scott 01Cobra

have bling will travel
Established Member
Walmart usually sells the 3M emblem tape in the automotive section. If you can't find it send me a PM and I'll send you some - no biggie. I stock the tape, no one else in the business does. Just pay the postage. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread