Anyone work in Network Security?IT related field?

steele501

Established Member
I'm looking for some guidance from experienced folks the the network security job field.

I graduated 1.5 years ago with a bachelors in MIS and am currently a Network analyst for a medium sized communications company. I am wanting to get into network security. I plan to be CCNA certified by the end of this year.

I am wondering what to expect getting into security, such as what is the job market like, pay scale, and what are companies looking for in applicants?

Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated!:beer:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
To get a right idea, check out BAE website.
Pay is decent in this region.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I could offer help, but i'm in the military doing IT, so not much help for you, unless you wanna join?? :D

Best of luck to you though!

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
my uncle owns a bussiness in milw. wis. called firstech... looks for people like you and places them in good jobs. takes like 2% of your first year sallary!

also does a lot of programing and networking.

Arky51

Established Member
anyone have a MCSE or a CCSP?

I work for a network integrator in Little Rock. One of my engineers is a CCSP. Another industry wide, non-manufacturer specific security certification that people look for is a CISSP. I'd start with that over a CCSP Cisco cert if you are wanting to get into Network Security. Get your NA and then move toward the CISSP.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread