Anyone with this problem........

03DarkShadow

Established Member
I have blown 2 Fuel Rail Pressure (Fuel pulse dampner) sensors in 2 months. Anyone else w/ this problem? The 1st time it did this the car would still run but it was ROUGH!. This time it wont run at all! All fuel pressure is going right through the sensor into the vacuum line going back into intake. I ordered another one and gonna install when it comes in. Along w/ new set of plugs and blowin all the fuel thats being dumped into intake out. That will be fun. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem or if anyone could help me find a cause and a fix. Thanks Jamie

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
When did you replace the first one? They replaced the sensor with a new version sometime in November. Is there a chance you got the older version?

BOOOOST

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DarkShadow
515 HP SAE
540 LB-FT SAE

Hmmmm...

What mods do you have on your car? Me wonders if this could be related to the situation. I noticed you said that you are replacing it, lol, apparently the dealer isn't going to cover 'eh? ;-)

03DarkShadow

Established Member
Nah i didnt feel like paying a 50 tow bill vs a 38 dollar part i can do myself! Not to mention being w/o the car for 2-3 days! And yes the dealer has covered it before and will anytime i go. Its all in who you know! ;)

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Just found out about another car running a good bit of boost who just lost his 2nd sensor.
Mine went when I was running a 6lb lower/2.93 upper and seeing 18lbs.
I've since backed down the boost to 15lbs.

Too early to tell, but there may be a connection.
BTW, my car and my friends car is a daily driver and I can't speak for him, but I have a heavy right foot.

BOOOOST

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DarkShadow
Nah i didnt feel like paying a 50 tow bill vs a 38 dollar part i can do myself! Not to mention being w/o the car for 2-3 days! And yes the dealer has covered it before and will anytime i go. Its all in who you know! ;)

Why not use Roadside Protection? Or... ?

Users who are viewing this thread