Anyone with the Flowmaster 3"?

cobra4v04

Established Member
I've had a couple different setups on my 04 Cobra and right now I have the factory cat's (less the portion of the pipe with the "H") backed up by the Flowmaster 3" catback with the included 3" Flowmaster X/? Crossover midpipe welded to whats left of the factory H-pipe (less the H).
Has anyone hooked up this same Flowmaster system, including the Flowmaster midpipe, to catless pipes coming off the manifolds and into the Flowmaster 3" X/? Crossover midpipe? I don't know if going catless with the
3" system on a stock car (just a Fipk) will sound/run good or if going with some high flow cats is the way to go.

Anyone been in this direction yet, you don't hear too much about the Flowmaster 3" X/? Crossover that comes with the 3" system. I've had mine on for awhile and the car sounds great just too quiet.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
I didn't even know Flowmaster made a mid pipe. But I can't understand what you are trying to say?.. Are you saying you have a Flowmaster mid pipe (unsure of X or H), with stock cats, with the Flowmaster 3'' Cat back?..

cobra4v04

Established Member
I call it a midpipe since you have to cut off the section of the factory H-pipe that contains the "H" and weld it to the factory cats, Flowmaster calls it an "X-pipe style" scavenging pipe, you might call it something else.
Let's just say it is in between an X and an H style. Flowmaster does make the pipe. It's been out for at least a couple years, just don't hear too much about it, price you pay for it is drastically less than what is listed on Flowmasters site.

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/products/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3909

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
:shrug: If anything, I'd consider that to be an H pipe because the pipes don't crossover. Looks like both put together though. But I've never seen it or heard anything about it. Do you have any sound clips you could post?

HPCobra04

Established Member
cobra4v04 said:
I've had a couple different setups on my 04 Cobra and right now I have the factory cat's (less the portion of the pipe with the "H") backed up by the Flowmaster 3" catback with the included 3" Flowmaster X/? Crossover midpipe welded to whats left of the factory H-pipe (less the H).
Has anyone hooked up this same Flowmaster system, including the Flowmaster midpipe, to catless pipes coming off the manifolds and into the Flowmaster 3" X/? Crossover midpipe? I don't know if going catless with the
3" system on a stock car (just a Fipk) will sound/run good or if going with some high flow cats is the way to go.

Anyone been in this direction yet, you don't hear too much about the Flowmaster 3" X/? Crossover that comes with the 3" system. I've had mine on for awhile and the car sounds great just too quiet.

If you want to wake that sucker up, take the stock-h off and put a pro chamber on. MIne is catless and had to fab collectors to the prochamber 2 1/2 into three. You will love it.

cobra4v04

Established Member
HPCobra04,
You talking putting the prochamber in place of the Flowmaster crossover? or in addition to it?

I have the 3-piece 2.5" MAC O/R Prochamber and the MAC O/R H center section, I've tried both with the 3" Flowmaster catback, sounded alright, the H-pipe was louder but the Prochamber had a better tone.

I'm just wanting to experiment with putting my MAC O/R tubes on and hooking them directly into the 3" Flowmaster midpipe and mufflers.

HPCobra04

Established Member
cobra4v04 said:
HPCobra04,
You talking putting the prochamber in place of the Flowmaster crossover? or in addition to it?

I have the 3-piece 2.5" MAC O/R Prochamber and the MAC O/R H center section, I've tried both with the 3" Flowmaster catback, sounded alright, the H-pipe was louder but the Prochamber had a better tone.

I'm just wanting to experiment with putting my MAC O/R tubes on and hooking them directly into the 3" Flowmaster midpipe and mufflers.

Got ya

cobra4v04

Established Member
My attempt at photoshopping, the setup in the red square is what I plan on doing with the components that are laid out on the ground.

RXRKV-XHAust.JPG

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
cobra4v04 said:
My attempt at photoshopping, the setup in the red square is what I plan on doing with the components that are laid out on the ground.

RXRKV-XHAust.JPG

I'm dying to hear a soundclip of this set up! Does ANYONE have a clip they can post?..

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
thanks for the pic.. i was wndering what that set up looked like... i knew it went in farther than the tail end of a stock style mid pipe!! thanks

Users who are viewing this thread