Anyone with PST Aluminum Driveshaft?

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
I have been having a vibration with my car ever since I put gears, diff bushings, and an aluminum driveshaft in it. I've set my pinion angle the best I can, but i still have the vibe. I am now questioning the driveshaft. My PST driveshaft does NOT look like it has ever been balanced (no weights on it). Anyone have a PST driveshaft and know if they come balanced or not? Thanks -Dan

SVTurbo

Established Member
I honestly can't remember seeing weights on either one, but they asked what rpm they needed it spun up to. I've also had a couple FRPP shafts and they definitely had weights. I would go out and look at them but they are both in FL and i'm in DC. Proper driveline angles will make a big improvement.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Just call PST and ask. I went through two oem driveshafts and had them rebalanced. Still have vibes in them. Got a carbon fiber PST and it rides as smooth as a Cadillac now!

Last edited:

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
They said it is balanced. I took it to DTS to get it balanced. Hopefully, they can do something with it.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Well they balanced it and it is WAY better now. No more vibe! I am pretty pissed that the shaft wasn't balanced correctly from PST too...

Turbo mach1

Established Member
I have had 3 carbon fiber drive shafts from them, and nothing but the best service. I broke one and sent them the drive shaft, they sent out another with in 24 hrs. Keep in mind were making 3500-4000hp, and their stuff stands up....

Users who are viewing this thread