Anyone with "dents" in fiberglass on the side?

n0xlf

Established Member
Bringing my baby to the body shop tomorrow to investigate small dents on the side and tops of the fiberglass piece that runs between the rear window, small side window, top, and rear fender (if that makes sense - I'm sure it has an official name)...

Both the driver's and passenger's side are "dented" in the same spots..Has anyone pulled these off before, or pulled out the interior panels that are behind them?

I'm wondering if they are just attached too tightly, which is causing them to look dented...

Uncle Snake

Established Member
I have the same marks, in the B-Pillar. It is sub surface and it is not a ding. Being in the same place on either side, I just assumed it is due to the manufacturing process.

It almost looks like an optical illusion, let me knowwhat your body shop says.

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
I have them too !!!

I did go to the dealer and every single Mustang on the lot had the same dimples on them... GT's, V6's, and Cobra's all had the dimples on both sides... :cuss:

n0xlf

Established Member
I saw 2 other Cobra's today as well, both with the "dents"..Mine just look a little worse than the others I saw...Neither the body shop nor the dealer were very helpful, so I'm kind of on my own..The body shop wanted to slap filler in the dings, of which I'm obviously not going to let them do..

The next thing I'm going to try (unless someone else has already done this) is to pull off the interior panel behind them and see if they are just fastened too tightly somehow, which is causing them to look that way...

Snakin

"No Worries Mate"
Established Member
Yes I have them too but only if you really look for them can you see them, wasnt really enough for me to do anything about yet but I will keep watching to see what anyone else finds/fixes

Users who are viewing this thread