anyone with an iphone in here

badass98vert

Established Member
so i want to sync my iphone to my desktop and have everything on there instead of my laptop but am unsure if this can be done. i dont just want to plug it into a different comp in case it doesnt recognize it and deactivate the phone. is there any way to do this?

badass98vert

Established Member
i really like it so far, the only thing that i dont like is the fact that you have to use email to send picture messages and you cant recieve them. that should hopefully be updated soon though (fingers crossed)

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Have you downloaded iTunes and what not onto your desktop? Not really sure if it woul work or not. I just picked up my iphone wednesday and like it so far other than the fact that my ****ing text messaging doesnt work!!!

blackstallion19

Established Member
i have one and its just like if u tried to sync an ipod with multiple itunes...it will erase everything and load everything from your desktop...thats apples security feature to keep people from sharing their music and files

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
All you have to do is copy your iTunes folder which is located in your "my documents/music/iTunes" folder and copy it on the PC in the same directory. At least that worked for my iTouch.

Last edited:

badass98vert

Established Member
yeah i dont care about it erasing everything on it cause ill just put it back on after the switch, i just want to make sure that it wont do anything to the phone part of it. will it go through the setup like it did when i first got it? if thats the case am i going to loose all my contact info?

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Yep, just down load Itunes to the laptop. I heart my eye fone, even when it randomly calls someone out of my favorites list every once in a while. Now I can surf in the john.

How do you down load pics from the camera to the computer? Anyone? I would like to put some music on in as well, anyone get it for free?

SoCalCobra

Intaker & 7.5" Pistons!
Established Member
Yep, just down load Itunes to the laptop. I heart my eye fone, even when it randomly calls someone out of my favorites list every once in a while. Now I can surf in the john.

How do you down load pics from the camera to the computer? Anyone? I would like to put some music on in as well, anyone get it for free?

LOL @ calling random people sometimes. I've done that as well.

To download pics to your phone I know for a fact that you can email them to yourself. I email them to my Gmail account and then check my Gmail from my laptop. I'm not sure, but you also might be able to transfer them when you're connected to your PC.

GunsUpCoyote

Global Wahhh? 12 mpg
Established Member
Supachage, I think soooo??? I dunno i tried it actually. I dont see why you couldnt considering it has a built in speaker and will play songs without headphones. If it can do that then it better be able to. Just plug it in, go to ipod, play and song, and cross your fingers. Btw I love my iphone, mostly cuz I got it for 100 bucks

Nile

Down, but not out.
Established Member
yeah i dont care about it erasing everything on it cause ill just put it back on after the switch, i just want to make sure that it wont do anything to the phone part of it. will it go through the setup like it did when i first got it? if thats the case am i going to loose all my contact info?

Nope.

Plug in the cable to your computer, then your the iPhone, then go to My Computer(if you have Windows XP) and it will show up under your CD-Rom drives in a new section called Scanners and Cameras. Open it up, all the pictures are right there. Just drag them off the phone onto your computer.

As for the music, either download MP3's from somewhere, or just rip your CD's with a program like Audio Grabber(freeware).

Does anyone know if you can listen to your music through the car radio like on a normal ipod?

Tried it. Didn't work for me. It detected the phone like it was being charged, but the sound only came out of the phone speakers, and yes, my deck was on the right input.

Last edited:

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Rodger on the email. How about music? I'm not into paying .99 a song through Itunes.

First, whenever setting up your iTunes account, make sure you select "make iTunes my default music player". Then if you have limewire, Ares, or a smilar program, you can download songs thru all you have to do is download it and then right click it and select "open external" and it will automatically open it in iTunes. When it opens it in iTunes it is saved to your library. Sync it and voila

Last edited:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Ok to clear up confusion. It will sync up fine with other pcs fine. And yes it plays like a normal ipod just fine in the car. Also did any of you mod your iphones yet? Im running a Jailbroken 1.1.4

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Hey Cody, radio shack sells this adapter (as do most targets and what not) that works thru a cassete player (if your truck has one). It plugs straight into your headphone jack and then you just put the cassete tape attached to the end of the cable into the cassete player and press play. If you dont have a cassete player, disregard.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Ok to clear up confusion. It will sync up fine with other pcs fine. And yes it plays like a normal ipod just fine in the car. Also did any of you mod your iphones yet? Im running a Jailbroken 1.1.4

Mine is jail broken as well.

Users who are viewing this thread