Anyone with an Automatic...I have a question and need some help!

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Ok I will be running my wide band in my car soon. In a stick I would just cut the rubber boot under the shifter on the floor and run my wires through it. However my car is an automatic, the auto's stick assembly is bolted to the floor with a huge aluminum plate instead of a rubber boot. My question is this...if I unbolt the aluminum shifter plate from the floor can I lift it up? Or do I need to disconnect anything under the car? I am wanting to drill through this plate and I need to make sure no wires run under where I am drilling. So to recap, I know how to pull the plastic shifter and "P N D 1 2" plate out of the car. I am talking about the aluminum one under this piece. Can I simply unbolt it and lift it up? I need maybe an inch or two nothing more, or will I need to crawl under the car and unplug stuff? The way im thinking it put it in "1" remove the bolts lift it slightly, drill my hole, add my grommet and wires and then bolt it back down and I should be good to go without needing to disconnect anything or possibly screwing up my shifter.

I this is the underside of our shifter assembly. I am wanting to drill roughly in the spot circled in green. I understand the parts circled in red as where the shifter cable connects to the shifter, and then the strain relief/cable guide in the rear. Now will I have enough room to lift this thing out of the car to drill? Or do I have to somehow remove danged near all of the cables and stuff from the underside to do it?

shifter.JPG

Last edited:

watman02

Established Member
or you can go though the pass side firewall. there is a grommet there that you can remove and run the wires through there. that's what i did. it comes out behind the heater box and you can run them under the dash to where ever you want to from there..
just a suggestion

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
or you can go though the pass side firewall. there is a grommet there that you can remove and run the wires through there. that's what i did. it comes out behind the heater box and you can run them under the dash to where ever you want to from there..
just a suggestion

That may work, by freak chance do you got a pic? I will be running the boost line on this thing too...and I may just run the line through the same plug. I am running an innovate LC-1 and XD-16 if it matters any

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
How about the gromet for where the clutch cable would be. Sorry for the spelling

I could but I do not think that my wide band will reach. One of the big reasons im trying to go thru the tunnel is that I removed my rear O2 sensors and will be using the bungs for the wide band. Also that grommet for the clutch is gonna be home to the power wire and a few other items for my sound system and stuff.

Nightmare90gt

Established Member
I could but I do not think that my wide band will reach. One of the big reasons im trying to go thru the tunnel is that I removed my rear O2 sensors and will be using the bungs for the wide band. Also that grommet for the clutch is gonna be home to the power wire and a few other items for my sound system and stuff.

that location would be to far for a good reading on a wideband you need to move it closer to the exhaust manifold.

Users who are viewing this thread