Anyone with a hazardous material or oil rig job??

usmcsvt98

A day in the life
Established Member
Well I have been managing the use, storage, and disposal of hazardous materials in the Marine Corps for the past 3 1/2 years. I'm getting ready to get out in march, I'm curious to know if anyone on this forum has a job that sounds similar. Also looking for anyone that works on an oil rig. Any information would be great gents. Post on here or feel free to pm me!

VegasMichael

Established Member
Well I have been managing the use, storage, and disposal of hazardous materials in the Marine Corps for the past 3 1/2 years. I'm getting ready to get out in march, I'm curious to know if anyone on this forum has a job that sounds similar. Also looking for anyone that works on an oil rig. Any information would be great gents. Post on here or feel free to pm me!

I had a three month TAD while in the Navy with the hazardous waste team on the carrier I was stationed on. At the time it was part of the onboard safety team and we had to ensure that plastics, paints, fuels, etc were being properly disposed of. We would do spot checks and tours and post flyers. It was actually one of the better short-term assignments I had.

usmcsvt98

A day in the life
Established Member
That dosent sound like a bad gig, I'm just trying to find some company's out there in that general career area and find out what my options are if I have any!

hotrodjcc

Established Member
I've been working the Midcon on land rigs for several years, I've actually just received a transfer request to head out into the Gulf of Mexico. Not sure what you are asking here, but are you asking about logistics or onsite solids waste management?

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Being an Industrial Radiographer is also something else you could consider. Pays well, but not really for the married man since you work/travel a lot.

usmcsvt98

A day in the life
Established Member
I've been working the Midcon on land rigs for several years, I've actually just received a transfer request to head out into the Gulf of Mexico. Not sure what you are asking here, but are you asking about logistics or onsite solids waste management?

TBO I'm just trying to find anything in that field. I'm not to sure wether I can be to picky rite now. I would love to find a job managing solid waste or hazardous waste, but would have no problem as a laborer dealing with it either. As far as logistics go that's not really my area of expertise. I'm more of an inspector.

hotrodjcc

Established Member
Check out Halliburton S.C.E., the Swaco divison of Schlumberger, Bakerhughes, BOS Solutions, PEAK energy services, Newalta solids control, and there are a TON of other options. Halliburton, Schlumberger, and BakerHughes are larger companies who like to hire ex-military employees.
Down in the Gulf area around Lafayette, La there are TONs of advertised opportunites. Let me know if you need further assistance in contact info.

Last edited:

usmcsvt98

A day in the life
Established Member
Check out Halliburton S.C.E., the Swaco divison of Schlumberger, Bakerhughes, BOS Solutions, PEAK energy services, Newalta solids control, and there are a TON of other options. Halliburton, Schlumberger, and BakerHughes are larger companies who like to hire ex-military employees.
Down in the Gulf area around Lafayette, La there are TONs of advertised opportunites. Let me know if you need further assistance in contact info.

Thanks, I really appreciate that!

HoustonGT

Established Member
Im in the o&g industry and there is always a demand for more expertise in the HSE (Health, Safety, and Environment) segment. I would highly recommend checking out RIGZONE - Your Gateway to the Oil & Gas Industry and seeing out what is available with the big names (SLB, BHI, HAL, WFT, NOV, etc). Might have to move to Houston, but that's just an added bonus lol.

coposrv

Established Member
I am a PM for a small company (200 employees) that specializes in work for DOD, refineries, aerospace and pharmaceuticals. We have shops all over the US and puerto rico. PM me if you want more details. We are always hiring. Most current employees are former military or from Halliburton.

Users who are viewing this thread