Anyone with a Centerforce DYAD setup and NOT happy w/ it?

jchristena

Established Member
There are threads and reviews all over the place. Most of them positive. Smooth engagement and quiet operation are top of the list for me. Price and holding capacity are secondary as I'm probably only around the 675rwhp mark(standard tune/cai/2.4 upper). With any of these aftermarket clutches is there enough of an increase in harshness and chatter that I should just stick w/ a stock replacement at my power level? I appreciate the input.

Zemedici

Established Member
If you're going to replace it anyway I would go ahead and upgrade. We use the DYAD routinely at my shop, if the Mcleod Units are out of stock.

Mcleod first, then DYAD second. Both will work :D

paluka21

Established Member
I'm interested in hearing about the DYAD as well. My situation requires me to slip the clutch to a degree when backing into my garage due to the angle it's situated. Any clutch with too much on/off would never work.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
I have the DYAD. I've been very happy with it for the roughly 1,000 miles I've had it. There can be a slight amount of chatter if you don't modulate the clutch enough on low speed maneuvers. Overall, it's pretty close to a stock feel, IMO.

I have to pull in and out of my garage VERY slowly. My garage opens up into a very tight city alley. It is definitely more grabby than the stock clutch but I have zero issues with low speed driving with the DYAD.

jchristena

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. I just ordered the DYAD, a braided clutch line and an MGW. May as well do it all while I have the chance. Now I just have to get through the fun of doing this without a lift. Lol.

RBB

Established Member
No complaints with my Dyad on my 2011. Smooth engagement and still holding strong with at least 70 1/4 mile passes. As Pribilof said, it is grabbier than stock, and I also have a harder time getting it into my garage since it's a tight spot.

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
I was researching going with the RXT and the DYAD for months thus spring but ended up going with the Mantic. Sooo happy I did, just love it!

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
What made you go with Mantic over the RXT and DYAD, and why do you love it?

Honestly, because I searched and read just about every post from every forum about the rxt and dyad. Mixed reviews. The rxt chatters, the organic dyad slips better than the rxt but might not last as long. Even though the Mantic for shelbys is newer, every single review I read was positive. Plus it comes with the flywheel, slave etc.
039165e5eb5578c17d312b5837799d8d.jpg

It makes no noise what so ever once broken in, feels exactly like stock, grips hard. 2500 miles so far and a couple 10.9 passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
That's cool it comes in that case, but haven't looked into Mantic.
I haven't had enough time with my Spec to give an opinion for Street use, but grabs great.
-J

RBB

Established Member
That's a cool case. I've heard good things about the Mantic too. It's nice that we have a lot of quality options.

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
That's a cool case. I've heard good things about the Mantic too. It's nice that we have a lot of quality options.

Ya it is. I made it into my laptop case for when at the track or datalogging.
9d9dea07861c676aacc209a0f51fedae.jpg
c7fa39f98b5ffe1b0ab868aeaa53a458.jpg

Yes we have some good options nowadays. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBB

Established Member
I meant to add, and Centerforce will tell you this themselves, the Dyad is not a slipper clutch. If you're planning to go to the track and launch at fairly high RPMs while slipping the clutch, then it's not what you want. The organic material will not last long with this kind of use.

That said, it's been great for me, but possibly part of the reason why I've bent a couple axles and grenaded my diff....been more aggressive coming out of the hole because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread