Anyone with a C6 rip off the front air dam?

aaandht

Established Member
My dad just got a new C6, with all of 40 miles on it, he pulled out of the drive way and ripped off the left side air dam. Anyone know if it you can just buy sections or does he need to get the entire 3 pieces?

BTW, LS3 and 6 speed manual is the shit!

tistan

Established Member
until the mass air screws up. My friends mom has had one for a little over a month, and it has been in the shop for 20+ days. According to the dealer gm has been having problems with the mass air system and they don't have a fix for it yet. They replace everything once, and a day later the car started spitting and sputtering again. GM told the dealer not to replace everything again until they have a fix for it. Now she is trying to get gm to buy it back under lemon law.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
My dad just got a new C6, with all of 40 miles on it, he pulled out of the drive way and ripped off the left side air dam. Anyone know if it you can just buy sections or does he need to get the entire 3 pieces?

BTW, LS3 and 6 speed manual is the shit!

Are you talking about the black plastic shield under the bumper? Everyone I know has torqued theirs, but none got ripped off.

aaandht

Established Member
Are you talking about the black plastic shield under the bumper? Everyone I know has torqued theirs, but none got ripped off.

Yeah, that's the thing, he ripped it off, I managed to get it on as a temporary fix but the next time it gets pulled its gonna get ripped off again.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Yeah, that's the thing, he ripped it off, I managed to get it on as a temporary fix but the next time it gets pulled its gonna get ripped off again.

It is in three pieces. My middle portion has gotten snagged on a dips, etc. But it has never torn off. It just pushes back away from the two side pieces and I have to pull in forward and push the pins back together.

If he ripped it off, he was going at a significant speed or it was a serious steep driveway.

aaandht

Established Member
It is in three pieces. My middle portion has gotten snagged on a dips, etc. But it has never torn off. It just pushes back away from the two side pieces and I have to pull in forward and push the pins back together.

If he ripped it off, he was going at a significant speed or it was a serious steep driveway.

Second one.

makevelie187

Established Member
damn for ur dad to rip it off he had to slam that car pretty hard ouch, iv done that a few times but its only scrapped it and iv actually bottomed my car out one time.

JUST TRY 03

Established Member
never done that before, but it scrapes over everything, but yea it comes in 3 pieces and its really easy to install, the gm dealer will have one or prob have to order it..i think its like 70ish bucks for all three pieces

aaandht

Established Member
never done that before, but it scrapes over everything, but yea it comes in 3 pieces and its really easy to install, the gm dealer will have one or prob have to order it..i think its like 70ish bucks for all three pieces

My question is can it be bought in separate pieces for less?

It torqued a few times but this time it caught on something and tore the plastic around the screw. I was able to fix it for the time being but was just wondering if just the left piece can be purchased instead of all 3 pieces.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
If it only took 40 miles to rip this one off maybe you should wait a while so he can get use to driving such a low car.

Users who are viewing this thread