Anyone with a Bassani!

IZBLOWN

I installed a Bassani cat-back last week and everything is top notch, the welds are amazing and the sound is incredible. The only thing is, retighten ALL the bolts within the first week because they will loosen. I found this out first hand today. I noticed it sound like it had an exhaust leak and was slightly louder than usual, on my way home i got into it and BOOM! Blew the x-pipe clean off the y-pipe and started dragging, talk about embarrasing! LOL The clamps that they supply to hold the x-pipe on came loose. Not a big deal, but save yourself the trouble and go back in a few days and retighten them instead of having to reinstall it like i did!

Anthony
[email protected]
01 Blk L

ralphy1798

Established Member
I didnt do it myself, but you have to use power tools if you do. Simple hand tightening wont do it. To adjust the tips, you have to loosen the 4 last bolts and tighten them back up with a power tool otherwise they will come loose and mis-align again. I assume this is the same for all the bolts...

99RedSVT

Established Member
LOL

U know if only u could use the nuts with the nylon lockin stuff on the clamps so that they dont come loosen.But i dont know how hot the nuts cam get before the lockin part burns up..

OH-MAN

Established Member
I had heard about the bassani clamps, so I used the stock U type clamps Has not moved yet :thumbsup:

SpankDog

Established Member
yea did you use those shit band clamps that came with it? make sure they are really tight or just use the stock clamps.

IZBLOWN

Mods

Red03svt, i run all JLP parts. I am running a JLP tuned Diablosport Delta Chip, JLP Forced Air Induction, Accufab TB, Kenne Bell blower@15lbs, Bassani Cat-back, JLP Thunder Pipe, and JLP 4# lower with the KB 3.2 upper. I was running a 95mm MAF, JLP valve body, and switched back the the stock 90mm per JL's request. I was running 26" slicks but am switching to 28" slicks because of shifting problems running the smaller tires. The 12.07 was hitting the limiter in 1st gear, not good, but the 28's should solve it. On monday i am picking up a set of JLP traction bars and possibly an electric fan. I am going to the Super Stallions of net meet on Nov. 8th and am gonna slap on the Reichard Racing 3.0 pulley for 1 pass to go all out, should be good for a solid 11 second pass with those mods. Take Care!!

Anthony
[email protected]
464rwhp 544rwq

Originally posted by Red03SVT
Anthony...those are awesome times man. what are your mods?

BillArf

Established Member
Originally posted by OH-MAN
I had heard about the bassani clamps, so I used the stock U type clamps Has not moved yet :thumbsup:

The older style clamps a year or so ago were problematic. The band clamps that come with the Bassani these days are very good and the type you see on many exhausts today!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread