anyone wire a 93-96 Lincoln Mark VIII fan into your cobra?

Banshee06

Established Member
I had mine done but it doesn't seem to be going into high speed. He wired in the low speed resistor wiring like the stock setup.
Just wondering the best way to set this up.
Thanks

cj428mach

Established Member
Malcolmv8 had a how to thread on installing one of these fans. Do a search.

Banshee06

Established Member
I bought one but never could get it to fit with my bigger radiator.
what my mechanic did is he removed the fan and motor from the Lincoln Mark VIII shroud and installed it into the Stock Cobra Shroud. But I don't think the High speed is coming on only the low speed for some reason.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
So is it impossible to purchase a Mark VIII fan without going to a junk yard? No one makes replacement fans for those cars?!

GodStang

Established Member
what my mechanic did is he removed the fan and motor from the Lincoln Mark VIII shroud and installed it into the Stock Cobra Shroud. But I don't think the High speed is coming on only the low speed for some reason.

I was originally going to do that but if I remember correctly the Mark VIII shroud design is what helps it a lot so removing it my negate some of the cooking but give it a go.

So is it impossible to purchase a Mark VIII fan without going to a junk yard? No one makes replacement fans for those cars?!

Probably could check Rock Auto but when you can pick this fan up for $35 getting a new one for $100s kills the point. You can buy an aftermarket one for those prices that flow better and probably fit better.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Completely do not buy the hype about this fan. The OE 4.6 fan (same for the GT, Mach, and Cobra) flows 1800 CFM in low and 2200 CFM in high - those numbers coming right from one of the manufacturers. No way that Lincoln fan flows twice that much, as some forum threads lead you to believe. When the Mustang fan is in high, it’s moving some serious air already, especially with its newer design blades.

OE fan as an FYI, Motorcraft RF-166 (3R3Z-8C607-AA):

Motorcraft%20RF-166.jpg

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Completely do not buy the hype about this fan. The OE 4.6 fan (same for the GT, Mach, and Cobra) flows 1800 CFM in low and 2200 CFM in high - those numbers coming right from one of the manufacturers. No way that Lincoln fan flows twice that much, as some forum threads lead you to believe. When the Mustang fan is in high, it’s moving some serious air already, especially with its newer design blades.

OE fan as an FYI, Motorcraft RF-166 (3R3Z-8C607-AA):

View attachment 1521855

Sorta resurrecting this since I'm looking at all the threads that involved installing a Mark VIII fan. You do realize it's documented that the Lincoln fan pulls 4500cfms, right? Yes, that's over twice the amount of our Cobra fan.

Users who are viewing this thread