Anyone who has a built engine/D-1SC or T-Trim/T-56 96-98 Cobra, please come in

The Mongoose

Established Member
I would love to see some pics and get as much information on your particular setup as possible. I had been in the market for a 03/04 Cobra, but after looking, I may not be opposed to buying a really nice 96-98, built/blown Cobra. Also, if you don't mind posting what you think your car is worth if you were to see it, that would be great.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I have Big bore Boss motor, billet I beams, custom Diamond pistons, 04 Cobra heads, 98 Cobra cams, Vortech T-trim w/ aftercooler and custom bypass setup... blah blah blah lol..

Considering my car is built front to back, up and down, suspension etc etc..

I'd sell my car for around 40-45k.. Personally.. So needless to say no one will pay that

If you do get a Vortech which I recommend over Procharger personally, I'd look into a JT-trim

The Mongoose

Established Member
I love your car by the way. By far the best SN95 out there. Why do you Vortech over Procharger and what is the difference between the T-Trim and the one you had listed? I love the sound of the T-Trim, does this other one sound as good?

Oh, and if you don't mind, check out this thread of a 98 Cobra that is for sale:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...obra-forged-blown-t-56-meth.html#post12246054

I'd like to know what is missing from this build or what I could potentially have issues with.

Thanks a bunch.

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I love your car by the way. By far the best SN95 out there. Why do you Vortech over Procharger and what is the difference between the T-Trim and the one you had listed? I love the sound of the T-Trim, does this other one sound as good?

Oh, and if you don't mind, check out this thread of a 98 Cobra that is for sale:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...obra-forged-blown-t-56-meth.html#post12246054

I'd like to know what is missing from this build or what I could potentially have issues with.

Thanks a bunch.

lol thanks man.. The JT-trim is bigger than the T-trim.. The T-trim is a great blower but seems to start running out of steam on some cars. The JT trim was built for the modular cars.. I wish I would have bought that over the T-trim. But we'll see what happens in the future.

I say Vortech over Procharger because I don't ever hear of bracket flex which prochargers are known for.

Looks like a really nice car man!

Last edited:

The Mongoose

Established Member
lol thanks man.. The JT-trim is bigger than the T-trim.. The T-trim is a great blower but seems to start running out of steam on some cars. The JT trim was built for the modular cars.. I wish I would have bought that over the T-trim. But we'll see what happens in the future.

I say Vortech over Procharger because I don't ever hear of bracket flex which prochargers are known for.

Looks like a really nice car man!

Ok, so the JT Trim still has that bad ass blower whine then? I just love that sound.

I ran onto that car that is for sale on here (the one in the link) and found out he's in St. Louis, MO (I'm In Jefferson City, MO), so if he still has it for sale, I might have to buy it. It seems like a great car with a healthy mod list and a built motor that can handle that size blower. Plus, if I can sell my WS6 for at least $17,000 I could use the leftover money to buy a nice set of True Forged wheels.

The Mongoose

Established Member

I'll check out these links and get back to you. Sounds like what I'm looking for though. :beer:

Anyway you can post pictures of both, hook me up with a link to pics, or e-mail them to me? E-mail is [email protected]

Last edited:

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Ive had both a d1sc and Ttrim cars with built motors. Lots of fun these cars are boosted..
Interested in a vert? ;)

JP_Stang

Established Member
I have a 96 Cobra with a MMR900 shortblock, Bell intercooled T-trim, Snow Meth kit, D&D Viper Spec T-56, 4.10's, complete fuel system, etc. etc.

This doesn't even cover a portion of what all my car has on it. There is thousands of dollars in my car, not as much as 98's but still a bunch of money! ;-) My car also is pretty much built from front to back, but there is still a bunch I want to do. Like 98 said, no one would pay me what it take to leave with my car. The sad part is, in reality, my car would probably only bring around $10K in today's market. Basically it could possibly bring in about half of what has been spent on building it and that doesn't include the price of the car itself!

One thing is for sure, building cars like these is NOT an investment! But this is my passion and I love it!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ That's why you don't EVER sell it!! Lucky for me (I think lol) I have a son that will get this car.. When it's done I'll enjoy it until I save enough for a GT500 or something.. Then the Cobra will sit in a garage and be driven every now and again.

Users who are viewing this thread