anyone who got the factory cover

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
I was just wondering how it fits. I ordered one and didn't get it upon delivery of the vehicle as I think its considered a dealer installed accessory which seems weird to me but anyway they preceded it and when I got it the box said 2010 not 2013. Now it does fit but its real tight. It does have the extra piece so the antenna will fit. My truck cover is aftermarket and its nice and roomy. Just curious.

USV8PWR

Established Member
I got the cover but will not ever use it. However, the box on my cover said 2010 and not 2013 too. The dealer called and made sure that it was the correct cover. Apparently the cover company was too cheap to change the label on the box.

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
I got the cover but will not ever use it. However, the box on my cover said 2010 and not 2013 too. The dealer called and made sure that it was the correct cover. Apparently the cover company was too cheap to change the label on the box.

Pfff typical! I will say to anyone thinking about buying the factory cover......dont! It's basically a thin windbreaker with the cobra on the hood and shelby on the tail. I am positive for that amount of money, you could get a nice multi layer cover I'm actually looking at getting a new one.

Planeswalker

Established Member
I got it and like how it fits nice and tight. But, it really could have used some sort of padding on the underside, always afraid it's going to rub/scratch the car. Even the cheap one I got off of American Muscle for my Roush fits well and has plenty of padding.

5.0 guy

Established Member
Got the covers for both of my GT500's and they seem to do the job just fine, if you park outside at night then I would go with a more insulated cover.

Copper&Black

Established Member
Crappy cell pic in poor light. Wheel was slightly cocked to the left...

25C10A70-26B8-44BC-8DFF-DCE117B5C194-4374-0000042E8B600C3E-1.jpg

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Thanks for the pic, Copper. Looks like it will do just fine for what I need when simply parked inside my closed garage.

03outlaw

Established Member
I like mine as well. Does anyone take it off an on a lot? I do worry it will scratch the car, but so far no sign of scratches...anyone else?

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
Yeah copper that exactly how mine looks. My truck cover doesn't have the stretchy corners and it hangs down off the sides. I will say this though, I like how it can cover the exhaust pipes nice and snug so no critters can crawl up there during winter storage. Also I wish it had the stripes on the cover too if the car ordered had them

Last edited:

Tonyalaskarms

Harley Rider
Established Member
I like mine as well how ever it's in doors when it's parked, but Ever one that's seen my car at home the first thing they said was how nice the car cover was and did it come with it

Planeswalker

Established Member
I like mine as well. Does anyone take it off an on a lot? I do worry it will scratch the car, but so far no sign of scratches...anyone else?

I am in the process of moving so my car stays outside. I've taken the cover on and off several times a week for the past 3 weeks and it hasn't put any scratches or even swirl marks on the car.

shelbysvt

Established Member
I am in the process of moving so my car stays outside. I've taken the cover on and off several times a week for the past 3 weeks and it hasn't put any scratches or even swirl marks on the car.

How?? That thing is sooo rough. I put mine own once and was like HELL NO since there is no way one person can put that thing on perfectly in a way that it does not scratch or have dirt from the ground stick to it and scratch the paint.

I used a microfiber meg cloth and I even scratched the car and had to get it buffed out because there was a microscopic amount of dirt on it from another part of the car. So I have hard time beliving that hard ass car cover wouldn't scratch it from all the rubbing during the process of putting it on and off.

EDIt: it could be because your car is red you just don't see the scratchs its putting on your car. Mine is black so I see EVERYTHING

Planeswalker

Established Member
How?? That thing is sooo rough. I put mine own once and was like HELL NO since there is no way one person can put that thing on perfectly in a way that it does not scratch or have dirt from the ground stick to it and scratch the paint.

I used a microfiber meg cloth and I even scratched the car and had to get it buffed out because there was a microscopic amount of dirt on it from another part of the car. So I have hard time beliving that hard ass car cover wouldn't scratch it from all the rubbing during the process of putting it on and off.

EDIt: it could be because your car is red you just don't see the scratchs its putting on your car. Mine is black so I see EVERYTHING

It's not because its red, I check it at different angles. But I did wax and seal it the first day I got it. I also wipe it down with meguires quick retailer before putting the cover on.

I always have my wife help me with the cover since its so slick.

Users who are viewing this thread