Anyone watching the 24 Hours of Le Mans?

LS-WHAT?

Established Member
314152_456802631014144_63562858_n.jpg

This year we have 4 Audi R18s. Two are R18 Ultras and two are R18 E-Tron Quattros. The E-tron Quatros are Diesel Hybrid system that has small motor powering the front wheels. Thing is they only come on during the tight corners. otherwise they are not activated.
732.jpg

New to Le Mans this year is Toyota. They brought out a great contender that consists of a Hybrid system that applies all power to the rear wheels. Because of this the Toyota can use the system at any speeds and any time. I'm not a fan of Toyota but this TS030 race car looks extremely good. They will have two entries in Le Mans this year

ff4fa18a1cd9c03deb07f26752b2ce79.jpg

It seems like no car really has a great advantage over the other in this race. In final qualifying the Audi R18 E-tron Quattro took first place followed closely by the R18 Ultra and then the Toyota TS030 Hybrid. Fourth place goes to the other R18 E-tron Quattro followed by the other Toyota and then the other R18.

In the GTE class the Corvettes are mixing it up with the Ferraris, BMWs, Aston Martins and Porsches. It should be a great race. A Corvette won it last year, lets see if they can pull it off this year.

corvette_racing_le_mans_prep_4.jpg

There is one other car that is just new to any form of motorsports. The Nissan Delta Wing. It is an experimental car that is racing in an experimental class. It looks like a big .......Dart. lol.

tumblr_m2fbnfWJ281r8ctdwo1_1280.png

2012-06-16T102543Z_1476929174_GM2E86G1EC501_RTRMADP_3_MOTOR-RACING-MANS.JPG

Lastly, An Audi and Corvette qualifying lap at Le Mans. Look at how fast the Prototype cars are compared to Corvette and Porsche Race Cars!

[Youtube_Browser]yuxKw1aDmM[/Youtube_Browser]

[Youtube_Browser]diX7NevEYvc[/Youtube_Browser]

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Love the Le Mans series.

REPCobra10

Established Member
I'm watching it off and on. I love ALMS racing! I always pull for the Vettes in the GTE class. The Nissan Delta Wing car this year is very intriguing and different, yet weird! It reminds me of playing F-Zero on my old Nintendo 64 platform! Haha!

RedVenom

Da Infamous One
Established Member
Its a yearly tradittion for me... I go no where and do nothing but watch the race LOL.

That Toyota prototype crash was wild and the Vette team is doing well. Great pace so far

LS-WHAT?

Established Member
Flying lizard is having a bad day. I feel bad for them. The Toyota and Audi cars were doing really good early in the race but they just couldn't keep it clean. Looks like it will be an Audi 1-2-3 again. I wonder if the #3 Audi could get back to 4th place.

Users who are viewing this thread